Author Topic: Good start!  (Read 3030 times)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Good start!
« on: February 01, 2011, 01:36:40 PM »
Great start on homepage innovation at digitalpaint.org jitspoe. Have you seen Viciouz's layout? That'll be fantastic. But like I say, its a great start and definitely looks better already

http://www.digitalpaint.org

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Good start!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 02:23:16 PM »
Sweet! Also, you are probably aware of this, but the old title bar is still used for the forums.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 03:28:41 PM »
Yeah, forums are on a different server.  I saw Viciouz's layout, but there's not really enough content for a layout like that.  I don't really want to put the forum topics on the front page since they're on two servers and it may dramatically impact the load times.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 03:48:21 PM »
Ahh. Instead of the forum posts do you think we could get a community frag video on there? Or a playlist of frag videos? I remember [eX] making some pretty good ones.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 03:49:51 PM »
The jump, jump, jump, jump, kill - jump, jump, jump, jump, kill - jump, jump, jump, jump, kill one?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 05:08:27 PM »
The jump, jump, jump, jump, kill - jump, jump, jump, jump, kill - jump, jump, jump, jump, kill one?

that's what this game is, like it or not. People play games wanting to get into the clan scene, and the clan scene involves being the jump more then aiming. In a 1 hit kill game, with 200 ammo, people can easily spray to get kills. Movement, like in other quake games, is necessary. You don't see people asking how to 'aim' in pubs, they ask 'how do you move so fast' or 'how do you double jump' -- Letting them see the speed and pace of the game upfront is useful.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 01:31:23 PM »
i bet terrorist wants a mapping video.. thats all he knows about this game ROFL ONLY THE BEST

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 01:56:26 PM »
No, i don't want a mapping video. A video on the main page should present this game and there is at the moment no video, which makes that. We only have jump and (jump-) frag videos that present a few players, but not the game.

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 02:16:48 PM »
No, i don't want a mapping video. A video on the main page should present this game and there is at the moment no video, which makes that. We only have jump and (jump-) frag videos that present a few players, but not the game.
There's nothing more to say about a community video imo. It should represent the game (like a trailer with nice looking maps, nice effects, nice background sounds, giving an overview etc.) as best as possible that the community have a chance to grow in the future. Present a few player may be cool for them, but it doesn't really help the game/community.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »
Chef and Terror, make one as an example then because I personally don't have a clue whats wrong with the frag videos.
It shows the maps, it shows competitive gameplay, shows good shots, shows what is available in the game.. etc

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 07:23:33 AM »
I say it like it is, I have no knowledge how to make a video. However, this shouldn't exclude me from the discussion. I'm trying to help and in my opinion the current videos can't really help the game, because it's e.g. not the gameplay new player will perceive ingame. I would like to see a more informative video, also.

@Rocky: I know that you don't like me, so you don't need to post it after all my posts. You would make yourself more useful if you would discuss a little bit more, maybe you can try to use arguments instead of flaming/spamming all the time. Thanks!

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 07:38:05 AM »
I would like to see a more informative video.

This.

All the current frag videos are made by little "wannebe's", who think making a video with the coolest, fastest and most lucky kills will get them more respect within the community. Making an informative video showing moves and game-play to which new players can also associate are not considered cool though, so nobody makes 'm.

Therefore my challenge to everybody who's talented for making videos: Make a video that represents the actual game-play. Make a 3-4 minute video that not only shows impossible jumps or lucky pgp-kills, but also includes easy moves which can easily be learned by noobies and show some nice spots in different maps (inb4 haters: yes, there also are good maps available)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »

Whats wrong with that? It makes the videos more interesting then watching people just shoot each other, it would also give the newbies something to strive to. There's nothing wrong with jumping, as much as you seem to hate jumping in this game, it's a part of it. It's literally the best part of it, I wouldn't be still playing if you could only walk. It'd just get boring.

But I guess, this is just my opinion.

coledamm

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 02:51:26 PM »

All the current frag videos are made by little "wannebe's", who think making a video with the coolest, fastest and most lucky kills will get them more respect within the community. Making an informative video showing moves and game-play to which new players can also associate are not considered cool though, so nobody makes 'm.

Therefore my challenge to everybody who's talented for making videos: Make a video that represents the actual game-play. Make a 3-4 minute video that not only shows impossible jumps or lucky pgp-kills, but also includes easy moves which can easily be learned by noobies and show some nice spots in different maps (inb4 haters: yes, there also are good maps available)

Is it possible to "pin on" this video on dplogin board,if it is, i can give a shot.