Author Topic: The Definition of noob  (Read 10577 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: The Definition of noob
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2006, 01:16:14 PM »
jaydog: A few bad apples spoil the bunch, unfortunately.  In general, though, this game isn't very newbie friendly.  By that I mean there's a bit of a learning curve: learning how to strafe jump, manage equipment, and all that.  A new player can also cost the team a lot of points by allowing the other team to capture the flag.  General etiquette is to not cap on the newbie, but not everybody follows that, and it can be really frustrating to be eliminated watching as the other team makes flag capture after flag capture and there's nothing you can do about it.  Now this isn't an excuse to have a bad attitude toward the newbie, but sometimes it's more than some people can handle.

jaydog

• PGP
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2006, 04:35:10 AM »
Thanks for your comments, I can see the points RE frustration, but it's no different in real life paintball I have been playing this for more years than I care to remember.

Like I said in my first post when playing in public arena or going to a paintball site for fun it's an all for all and good fun and very mixed ability.

In pro paintball when we want to play a more serious game we enter tournamounts which we pay a high fee to play in and this for teams only, not novices, that is what I thought the dedicated servers are for.....it would be a good idea for those wishing to play a more serious game to stick to those rather than getting angry.

But hay I am more or less sussing it out and after doing pretty well at the weekend all was cool.

On another note are thier any hints and tips around the achieve better play please.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2006, 12:32:09 PM »
Most dedicated servers are for general public play, as with any other game.  For serious games, people hold clan matches or tournaments.