Author Topic: Is it Possible  (Read 2690 times)

JR

• Stingray
Is it Possible
« on: March 30, 2006, 04:48:34 PM »
Ok, I've only been playing a few months and I'm still trying to get down super jumping, bunny hoppin, circle jumping or whatever you call it.  My question is this.  Is it possible in the map airtime to jump from the center ramp all the way over the other ramp with the hole in it without a cheat of some kind and if so some please explain this to me.  ???

MrRiblets

• Stingray
Re: Is it Possible
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 05:34:46 PM »
Yes, you need to strafe jump allll the way from your base and hit the center jump. If you do it right you can hit the one with the hole.

JR

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 05:56:38 PM »
I"m not talking about landing on the ramp with the hole in it, I'm talking about jumping all the over it and hitting the wall behind it.
And while were on the subject when you say strafe jumping are you talking about holding down the step left or step right key (default a & d) or are you talking about holding down the strafe key ( default alt ).

Spydie

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 06:24:22 PM »
A and D while jumping is a good way to get speed. I move my mouse in a semi-circular motion- curve left on A(left) and curve right on D(right), too.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 11:31:44 PM »
it takes me a couple of tries, but I have made this jump to the room behind the ramp before, I'll make a demo sometime soon.

Spydie

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 08:02:41 AM »
Once you learn the strafe jump, all you can do is practice. Strafing, and bunny hopping are great features of the game and you have an overall advantage if you know how to do them.

MaDMaN

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 10:07:01 AM »
Here is a demo of some of the jumps, i did the jump u asked about 3 or 4 times so you could see it, Hope you can learn from the demo, jus watch my mouse and while u jump, as Spydie said was to hold (w,d) for going right it u wanna catch speed while jumping and (w,a) if you wanna go left while jumping, turn the mouse which ever way ur going jus a slight bit, Good Luck, Hope you can master them jumps :D

http://multiterra.mooload.com/file.php?file=files/310306/1143821080/Airtime.dm2

It took bout 5 tries but i made some mistakes in other demos i was gonna post lol

JR

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 12:49:28 PM »
Thanks fellas

Spydie

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 11:17:11 AM »
No problem. I forgot to tell you to hold "w" while doing this all. Figured you'd know that you would have to be moving foreward to do this ;) You'll get the hang of it sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

Blinky

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 01:59:58 PM »
Like spydie said it's all about practice. I've only been playing for about two months now, and Im just now starting to feel like Im a little harder to hit than I used to be because my jumps are improving.

For only a couple months playing though, I probably have a stupid amount of hours in game.

this excrement is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 10:48:46 PM »
I made some airtime demos of that mid jump too, very short, but kinda cool to show how much distance you can get off that triangle jump in the middle.

http://neonpulse.ath.cx/~dpball/files/airtime-mid.zip

JR

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 02:44:03 AM »
Thanks again, i have been trying this out. I haven't made it over the ramp with the hole in it but I've made it on top.  I'm still trying to get down jumping from the middle ramp to the jump on the side to get up to where the autococker is. But anyways. Thanks the demos were very helpful.

rokr

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 03:40:39 PM »
One more jump for you ladies

http://www.glas.com.br/airj.dm2

MotoRokR

JR

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 04:20:44 PM »
Pretty Good