Author Topic: Bug: Messages are twice in the console  (Read 1926 times)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Bug: Messages are twice in the console
« on: February 19, 2011, 04:35:05 PM »
Some messages are twice in the console and the kick message has a different or no name.

1. Why is the "not authorized to use clan tag" message twice?
2. Why is there a different name (".YUP.SHOO" instead of ".YUP.SHO") in the first kick message?
3. Why is there a second, empty kick message?
4. Why is the text "was kicked" in a funname style? Shouldn't it ignore the (probably not closed) funname code?

Serverlogs:
Code: [Select]
[15:02:53] .YUP.SHO connected [***ip***:9167]
[15:02:59] .YUP.SHO entered the game (build 31) [***ip***:9167]
[15:02:59] .YUP.SHO not authorized to use clan tag .YuP..
[15:02:59] .YUP.SHO not authorized to use clan tag .YuP..
[15:02:59] .YUP.SHOOwas kicked
[15:02:59] .YUP.SHO disconnected.
[15:02:59]  was kicked

Screenshot:

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
Re: Bug: Messages are twice in the console
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 05:35:45 PM »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:56:48 PM by frugglepajamas »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 10:07:07 PM »
"Some messages?" or just messages related to kicking somebody?  Do you have any other examples of this?  I have seen cases where clients will connect multiple times (due to lag or whatever).  I've fixed that for b32, but I'm not sure that's what's happening here.  As for the "was kicked" message, that happens on the server end of things, outside of the game code (where the funnames get cleaned up).

The multiple flag returning thing is a different issue, which was fixed.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 10:36:48 AM »
I saw the two "not authorized to use clan tag" and "was kicked" (normal + empty) messages often in the last month. I'll have a look at the logs, if there are other messages too.

Edit: I'm shocked a little bit. Never noticed, that the logs are full of "Login failed for ***." and "*** not authorized to use clan tag ***."...

Edit2: I've looked at a few log files. The messages "*** returned the *Blue flag!", "*Blue's *** earned 2 points for possesion of eliminated teams flag!" and "*Blue flag untouched, sent home" are often twice, but that looks to be normal (because of the 2-flag maps).
Everything else should be fixed for b32 or is the message from the first post.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:33:50 AM by T3RR0R15T »

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »
I can reproduce this constantly (with the "XXX does not have an global login account."-message). Remembered that i saw this before :)

I sent you an email (Re: Namechange bug?) on the beginning of january this year. There is a list how to see the namechange bug and step 6 has this on each reconnect.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 03:30:26 PM »
And also got the flag and sent the flag back. I cant post screenshot(maybe i can find that demo) and on map nitefactor some noname was able to send flag back to base more then 10 times :D. I already posted demo with similar bug on nitefactor ( i think that flag bug is most common there) just letting know it is not only name bug

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 04:14:38 PM »
Be sure, it is a build 32 server. The multiple flag returning bug is already fixed there.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 06:59:36 PM »
I sent you an email (Re: Namechange bug?) on the beginning of january this year. There is a list how to see the namechange bug and step 6 has this on each reconnect.

I fixed a bug that might be related to this in the last build.  Is it still happening?  I was also seeing the "reconnect" message before it happened.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 11:10:40 AM »
Yes, it's still happening with build 32.

In the example (namechange bug mail; i can sent it to you again, if you don't have it anymore) the client has the messages "playername does not have an global login account. You need a global login account to play on this server. See http://www.dplogin.com/ for details." twice. The serverlog has the messages "playername does not have an global login account." and "playername was kicked." / " was kicked." twice.