Author Topic: Quake 2 Visual Studio Work space files are corrupt  (Read 2570 times)

Narga

• 68 Carbine
Quake 2 Visual Studio Work space files are corrupt
« on: November 29, 2012, 08:25:27 PM »
I downloaded the Quake 2 source code from Github and for some reason the VS work space files are corrupt.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Quake 2 Visual Studio Work space files are corrupt
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 11:44:35 PM »
I don't think there's anything anybody here can do about it...

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 03:30:10 PM »
I don't think there's anything anybody here can do about it...

Is it a problem with my computer or the files? Is there some where else I can download them?

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 11:43:39 AM »
It turns out that the project files weren't actually corrupt, what's wrong is that I don't have the required platform(s). You can read more about it here.

I don't think the express version of Visual Studio allows people to add platforms, so I guess I'm out of luck.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 03:21:43 AM »
Would it be possible to manually import the quake 2 files into a new version of Visual Studio? If so do I need to maintain the same solution explorer structure and disk folder structure from the old solution?

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 07:59:39 PM »
For some reason, when I download the source code off of Id's FTP site the Visual Studio Work Space file upgrades smoothly to Visual Studio 2008, unlike the one from github which has that "corrupt file" error.

Of course, if I upgrade it to Visual Studio 2010 or newer I get that stupid "$(targetpath) doesn't match the linker's output file directory" error.

I figured out how to change $(targetpath) but it seems like the librarian's output file directory is different from the linker's output file directory. I can have $(targetpaht) mach one or the other but not both.

Can I change the linker's output file directory and the librarian's output file directory to match $(targetpath) instead? If so how do I change the librarian's output file directory?

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »
Strange, when I build the solution I don't get the "$(targetpath) doesn't match the linker's output file directory" error. Instead, I get these errors.