Author Topic: Libya - Protest and Revolt  (Read 7610 times)

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Libya - Protest and Revolt
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 08:37:27 PM »
This doesn´t improve the gameplay and players care about gameplay. You care about stupid misaligments. Maybe it´s time to notice what responsibility you have, even it´s just a game.

Imagine if a mapper just used random textures for things because he's only concerned with the structure as it relates to gameplay. A map like that would surely be ugly. I know that's an extreme example, but it's just something for you to consider. Mapping is an art, and gameplay is only one aspect of a map's experience.

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 08:09:33 AM »
Yes, that´s extreme example. Not this case. So you don´t have to tell me how to map, thanks.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 06:32:50 PM »
Graphics is one of the top reasons people uninstall this game.  Even if I make the textures look amazing, if they're not aligned in maps, they still look bad.  There are hundreds of mediocre looking maps out there - don't you want to put in the little bit of extra effort to make your map look better?  You could probably fix those textures in the time it took for people to point them out.

BSP tip of the day: Right-click on a brush face in the 3D window to "copy" the texture, ctrl+shift+right click on another face to paste.  Align one face, and it should take just a few seconds to align the rest.

I've put B2 up on the beta server.  Most of the suggestions in my demo still stand.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 11:46:14 PM »
Yes, that´s extreme example. Not this case. So you don´t have to tell me how to map, thanks.
I don't appreciate your tone. I wasn't telling you how to map; as I said, it was "just something for you to consider."
And I was using an extreme example to make a point, which you seem to have missed.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 11:11:35 AM »
Would u even let somebody finish the map, if u don´t want to see the reason to change anything so that this "somebody" can then release a final. To make that happen u could just load the map.-file up here. Your map is really sth speciall and it could really be one of the better maps here.

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 02:42:07 PM »
Yeah, pro, could you finish my map please? Take it easy, I don´t have much time right now because so called school..Give me few days and maybe I´ll look on it again, even it´s soo boring to fix these "bugs".

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 11:14:10 PM »
it´s soo boring to fix these "bugs".
Yes, making high-quality maps can be very tedious, I'd imagine. (Wish I had time to work on my own :P)

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 01:11:06 AM »
I´ll see. But I´m working on a map myself. But I think I could take a look on it. If u don´t come to do it, I could do it 4 u. Feel free to load it up ok?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 10:19:01 PM »

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 11:21:13 PM »
that ... is ... fascinating
* webhead watches over and over to attempt to figure out why that works

RoBiNandL!nk