Author Topic: New Map: Green Paradise  (Read 2071 times)

eRaMe

• PGP
New Map: Green Paradise
« on: May 29, 2011, 09:43:49 AM »
Green Paradise

Teams: Blue, Red
Flags: 1 for each side
Players: 2-4

Base:

Mid:

- eRaMe -

Burnhouse

• Stingray
Re: New Map: Green Paradise
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 10:15:50 AM »
I think too empty, and i'm not sure but a little bit boring. A map with only 2boxes on each side, 1hill and nothing else. Ok the speedjump is nice, sri but i don't like this map. Pls try to make it in the next beta more intressting more barrels and so on.

-Burnie

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 10:32:44 AM »
I think it's a bit too basic. What about adding an underground path or two?

Also, maybe someone can tell me.... would adding some hint brushes help to deter wallhacks?

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 11:01:18 AM »
I think it's a good start for a new mapper. The map doesn't leak, the boxes, barrels and planks are aligned, the entities and the entity settings are great, and there are even models. A few more stuff and ways would be cool, though.

I'm still not sure why you're using so many base entities. Normally one base entity for each team should be enough. More to do:

- you need to mirror the angle values of the red player spawns
- you can rotate models (especially the shrooms) with "angle" "#", too

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta! You can start the map with the command "newmap beta/gp_b1", tell me if you need the login.

Burnhouse

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 11:07:42 AM »
Ye, a underground path *-*
I dont think when you add hint-brushes that deter wallhacks but i dont know, sri (:

HaRmonY

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 11:51:12 AM »
hmm... i've helped my cousin eRaMe a lot and i have maked more than a half of this map ;)
Just want to say that.
Low-way is incoming

Chucki

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 12:25:43 PM »
Nice beginning. Great idea with the position of the flag. You should make the map a bit bigger (especially the mid) and more ways to the flag and what webhead said already a low-way would be nice.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:29:59 PM by webhead »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 07:08:09 PM »
How will somebody playing the game for the first time who knows nothing about trick jumping be able to get to the flag?

That aside, the paths are unbalanced - there's really no reason to take the right path.  The left path has the ramp to the high island thing, and it's oriented so you can ramp jump up to the flag from the low path.  You can't really jump up to the flag from the right path because you're moving the wrong way.  Maybe add a (walkable, no trick jump) path up to the flag from the right path to make that path worth taking.

I've put the map up on the beta server.  PM me if you need the login to change maps.