Author Topic: OTB Soccer  (Read 1969 times)

KnightOfCydonia

• PGP
OTB Soccer
« on: July 14, 2011, 09:23:11 PM »
Why are the physics all changed? the ball doesn't stop rolling half the time, and it bounces as if it's made out of pure rubber... when did this change? It was perfect the way it was before

The one thing i used to be good at and now it's basically un-playable. Cmon terrorist!!

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: OTB Soccer
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 06:03:31 AM »
The physics changed with build 31. I know, that it is bad now and almost nobody play on it anymore, but i can't change it.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 11:00:44 AM »
and cant you just start OTB soccer on server build 30, where everything worked great?

Scars

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 12:08:44 PM »
and cant you just start OTB soccer on server build 30, where everything worked great?

Pointless. We would all have to downgrade our actual build, just to play on a SINGLE otb server. I'd rather keep the most recent build and play on the others OTB servers, than downgrading just for OTB soccer and then going back to the most recent build whenever I want to play on the others servers.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 12:58:50 PM »
it's not really downgrading... it's the server running a lower build. (many servers take months to update anyways...). This makes the mod-Soccer playable and doesn't affect players at all since it's not shooting or anything and you really wouldn't even notice if the server was running on b30 or 31. Then again, is Soccer really that played for it to matter.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 01:11:03 PM »
I think that soccer attracts many new players. Because they can enjoy it and have fun there. Also they learn how to strafe jump (or idk how is it called) there well.

Krzysztof10201

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 04:46:07 PM »
Well Prozajik. I think that soccer is a bit harder for newbies now, because when some fast players are on server, they literally can't even touch the ball due to it's speed and bouncing. It's harder to control it cause it stops for very long. Air actions are also harder to learn (before, it was a piece of cake and brought them a lot of fun to team-play). Basically, it makes them leave for like 30 seconds. Just some kind guys who team-play with them can change anything. Of course, I appreciate the fact it's more realistic and dynamic, but the obvious implication of these changes is: newbies are gone on OTB Soccer.

But that's not a point. The point is there's a shock map on this server. Most of people (including me), who can play soccer and still enjoy it even after these changes, are frustrated by shock map there. In fact, when I come with anyone who likes it to play, we change the 'shock' map by waiting for 90 seconds. In this way, also good players are gone when they see shock on server. Once-enjoyable server stays empty now.

So, if it has to work in the new way, I strongly recommend to leave only original, 2nd otb anniversary map there. If you want a rotation, put an old soccer map. Don't desert the server by putting a shock there. It's a shame this map appeared there.

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 10:21:16 AM »
Oh sry, shock was just a short test. Didn't know that it was still in the rotation. Removed it from the rotation.