Author Topic: Handling Demo Requests  (Read 9164 times)

coLa

• Autococker
Handling Demo Requests
« on: August 12, 2011, 10:20:58 PM »
Stealing this quote from a different thread.

Quote from: fl1p
This community needs to come up with a legit way of handling demo request. From requesting to punishment for not submitting and stick with it. The matching community should be able to work something out and follow it. The only reason someone would fight this is if they have something to hide. It IS THAT simple.

I think the best way to go about this is:

If the Original Poster posts his request following the "recommended" procedure, exactly, then and only then should it be mandatory for the accused to post his demo or face a consequence.

Why should the accused have to post anything if the "OP" won't even go through the trouble of making a proper request.

If you want the goods, put in the effort.

Discuss.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
Re: Handling Demo Requests
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 12:23:02 AM »
I agree, but there are some issues.

There are still problems with demos not autorecording 100% of the time.

Punishment - a short ban perhaps. But as we know, bans do not always come swiftly. It takes awhile for jitspoe to ban a player, not sure if he would be willing to use that time for such a small offence.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 02:19:42 AM »
I hope the amount of demo requests will soon be down to zero, now that the major requester from the American scene eliminated themselves.

Also, I can't recall a case where someone was based on demo reviewing during the last 2 years. Although I think you, CoLa, are right, I think this discussion is irrelevant at the moment.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 11:06:03 AM »
Honestly, I think it's the most logical solution. If Jitspoe can make sure the demo record part of the code is 100%, I don't see an issue.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 01:21:28 PM »
vote for serverside demos in the feature vote section

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 01:23:33 PM »
I vote for people not to hack anymore, so requesting demo's will become totally unnecessary.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 01:57:18 PM »
I agree, but there are some issues.

There are still problems with demos not autorecording 100% of the time.

Punishment - a short ban perhaps. But as we know, bans do not always come swiftly. It takes awhile for jitspoe to ban a player, not sure if he would be willing to use that time for such a small offence.

Since there is only a select few people who contribute servers, both public and match, the swiftness of the ban could be as simple as server owners who are on irc daily quickly add a ban to their servers. :) 

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 05:36:41 PM »
I hope the amount of demo requests will soon be down to zero, now that the major requester from the American scene eliminated themselves.

Also, I can't recall a case where someone was based on demo reviewing during the last 2 years. Although I think you, CoLa, are right, I think this discussion is irrelevant at the moment.

Homing would've been banned on basis of his demo if cheat detection hadn't caught him. It is a good idea but totally unimplementable until bans actually come out for refusing to post.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 04:34:55 AM »
Homing would've been banned on basis of his demo if cheat detection hadn't caught him. It is a good idea but totally unimplementable until bans actually come out for refusing to post.

ohai.