Author Topic: Newmap: Crooked  (Read 3326 times)

aircrew

• VM-68
Newmap: Crooked
« on: August 29, 2011, 07:14:07 AM »
       Well I know this would be offensive for lot of players who admire propaint1(I am one of them) but I got little bored and me and my mate didn´t know what map we should play so I decided to remake propaint1.

I did it by myself and I haven´t copied anything from original propaint1.

I know this isn´t nearly as good as pp1 is, so don´t bother yourself to write it here :) I can also rename it to another name, I just couldn´t think of any. I don´t care.

Don´t know if I am gonna work on it more, but be free to post bugs etc., but I just wanted to ask server leaders to load it up, please :) Want to play it with my mate. Thanks
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:48:09 AM by Chef-Killer »

Malware

• VM-68
Re: Newmap: Crooked
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 08:32:54 AM »
Only speed jump is a bit weird, meybe you could add ice after speed jump so you could go faster to flag but its just my oppinion :P
Anyway i like the map :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:49:55 AM by Chef-Killer »

MrPeach

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 09:29:07 AM »
Yeah nice map.
Jump from bridge through that circle at mid to hbd is too hard for me:(
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:50:04 AM by Chef-Killer »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »
No offense, but I'd prefer seeing you fixing and improving some of your other maps instead of wasting your time with a 4. remake of the same map. Btw. I miss the spawn rooms :)

The map fits the theme well, it's very easy to notice that you want to have a crooked pp1.

Add "angle" "#" to the player spawns, that a player doesn't look in front of a wall after spawning.

Try to replace light entities with source lights.

Lot's of barrels are misaligned.

The wood planks above the flag are misaligned, too.

I'm not sure about the name. I guess you didn't asked crash for an official consent. As long as this isn't clarified, I won't upload the map with this name to our beta server. I can remember a similar situation with propaint legacy (now remenissions) a few years ago.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:48:34 AM by Chef-Killer »

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 11:25:12 AM »
I'm going to have CRASH come in here and lock this down. Propaint is his name.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:50:14 AM by Chef-Killer »

U-R-A-Loser

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 03:37:12 PM »
PICS?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:50:27 AM by Chef-Killer »

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 03:42:49 AM »
           As I said, I don´t care about the name. Please rename it to crooked_b1 and upload it as soon as possible.

Mapping is wasting time anyway, so I rather do something what I enjoy than fixing all little bugs on my older maps. Only few people appreciate mapper´s work and new maps aren´t played anyway, even there are few playable new maps.

I map only for me and me friend now. People are too lazy to learn new maps and keep on playing same maps over and over.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:50:42 AM by Chef-Killer »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 09:56:54 AM »
Not only your older maps :P Your maps are not that bad. Maybe pass the mapfiles to another mapper or a search a mapper to map in a team with if it's too much effort for you. I've already wrote this a few month ago. Of course new maps won't get played, if they never get improved and if they never leave the beta stage. And that's a good thing imo, I really like this.

Can you update the attachement and the topic, please?

Oh, and you should change the message while loading the map for the second beta.

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta as crooked_b1!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:50:51 AM by Chef-Killer »

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 03:20:38 PM »
I know my maps aren´t bad. I think it´s the best you can get by now, not that hard through nobody maps anymore. But anyway they´re not played, at least not on  publics. Same for other recent maps, it isn´t just me.

I am kinda bored of playing same maps over and over and I suppose you are not a part of matching community otherwise you would know there are like max 10 maps played in matches. You can see some paintball frag video and you would see pbcup_pforest is in all of them.

The point is we need new maps and that´s why I have been mapping. Your beta stage program isn´t bad by itself, but you´re kinda overacting.My maps aren´t buggy and thoughtless, these are just little things you pointed out on.Not talking about this map, but about inception or libya.

This isn´t mine job anyway. I don´t get paid so it´s suppose to be fun for me too  :)

I worked on this map little bit today:

added angles to spawns
replaced ladder from low by trigger_push to make it faster
added two ladders in base
added boxes on bridge so you can jump on flag now
added two trees
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:51:01 AM by Chef-Killer »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 10:24:03 AM »
New version is online @ [OTB] Beta!

I just don't understand the point why different people post maps in a forum, if they obviously don't want to get feedback and positive/negative critism or just ignore it :)

Maybe it's not your job, because it's no fun for you. Sadly. I need to accept and respect this. But it would be cool, if interested mappers could get the chance to improve maps of other mappers (e.g. you, sBi, etc.) to make it better for everyone. I think mapping is always a work for the community, so we should try to get maps and other stuff as best as possible for this community (i.a. to let it grow), even if it doesn't make fun all the time.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »
Ideas: Propaint1 MUCH. Castle1 a bit....