Author Topic: Newmap : Center Parcs DM  (Read 3383 times)

omni

• 68 Carbine
Newmap : Center Parcs DM
« on: January 28, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »
Entered for the Deathmatch compotition started by ViciouZ

8 Player Death-match.
It is like , well center parcs in a way little wooden cabins made for one person each , A Football (soccer) area and , Paintball area what you would expect from a holiday there Some cabins have Gardens others don't.

Finer Details
There are 3 stingrays and 1 autocockers which is in a harder to reach place and would require some jumping
things like co2 hoppers ect. are scattered about.

I know this wont win i would bet my life on it but i just wanted to put a map in.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:18:23 AM by omni »

UnRateD

• Autococker
Re: Newmap : Center Parcs DM
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:56:20 AM »
hahahahaha +1 for Center Parcs, best trips ever.

I hope you win now.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 11:00:10 AM »
hahahahaha +1 for Center Parcs, best trips ever.

I hope you win now.
Thanks
I hope so to , but there are higher quality maps out there that would trounce mine

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 02:48:12 AM »
 Please add some pictures!

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 04:12:49 AM »
Nice and original idea on the map.

I would personally delete the glass windows, so it would be easier to kill possible campers in the houses. By "closing" all those windows, I fear a lot of people will just camp in the houses and wait until somebody will run by.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 04:56:10 AM »
Nice and original idea on the map.

I would personally delete the glass windows, so it would be easier to kill possible campers in the houses. By "closing" all those windows, I fear a lot of people will just camp in the houses and wait until somebody will run by.
Thanks for the feedback , I may just do that.
When it comes to game play i dont design the best maps i struggle with designing so feedback like this means a lot thanks.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 05:13:06 AM »

Think you linked us to the folder? Maybe it's just me.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 05:19:43 AM »
oh you found them me being stupid never used imageshack or anything like that before but anyway i just changed the resolution of dp2 and re-uploaded them thanks rick anyway also attached a demo just in case

T3RR0R15T

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 08:08:33 AM »
There is often only one way out of the "room", thats bad.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 09:48:26 AM »
There is often only one way out of the "room", thats bad.
ok will get to work on that + jitspoe's suggestions and pvtjimmy's suggestion

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 01:11:51 PM »
Looks good. I won't post stuff that's already mentioned.

You didn't set a sky in the worldspawn. Also the shadows doesn't fit well with the position of the sun. I'd use an other sun angle. Here're some default "_sun_angle" values.
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=714.msg221412#msg221412

Add "angle" "#" to the player spawns, that players don't look in front of a wall after spawning. It's kind of annoying, even if it's just a dm map.

Nice to see that the boxes and barrels (except of one point) are aligned well.

Screenshots...

Red: You need to move up the texture of all barrels. The black stripes are doubled at the red mark. That's the top of the texture. Maybe have a look at the big screenshot to notice it easier.
Blue: I think it would be cool if players can go there like they can do at the left end of the brush.

Red: I'd rotate this 2 faces to make it look more realistic. It's the same with the other roofs.

Red: Here's a small edge.
Blue: Might be cool if the part of the map would be a bit more wide that players can go there. Make sure to add stuff like smalll boxes that the players could leave the part then :)

Green: Also rotate the textures inside of the houses.
Red: I'd make the roof brush thicker to avoid those hollow spaces (red point marks). Just let the brush end at the red line marks.

Red: One more small edge.
Blue: I really like your brushwork at the corners. Looks very clean. But here it looks a little bit weird.

Red: Looks a little bit strange where the ground texture changes (red circle). I'd only use the texture grave03_4 for this surfaces.

Red: I'd make this ramp a little bit more flat that players don't get stopped while trying to jump/fly.

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »
Kind of a fun little map.  I like the setting, but I think you need to do some more work and change the textures up a bit to make it more believable.  Houses, for example, are not typically made out of 3 foot thick chunks of solid wood.  Also, one thing that really bugged me is that you had glass in some windows but not in others, but the windows without glass had a lighter colored wood inside of the frame, so it looked like there was glass there when there wasn't.

As chef pointed out, the shingles need to be rotated, and there shouldn't be shingles on the inside of the roof.  I'd get some reference photos of the types of houses you're trying to make and try to replicate them as best you can.

The autococker might be a bit overpowered in that map, but it's fun to have items to fight for.  You might consider scaling it back a bit.

There are a lot of dead ends in the map and places that are just not quite open enough to fit through.  I'd try to open the paths up a bit more.  You might want to make the fence climbable (and more realistically scaled) as well.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 04:21:21 PM »
Ok thanks for the info I have made some really silly mistakes there that need to be fixed Like you said earlier in a different topic you said I should add spiders and/or some carbines I guess that would stop the autocker's influence I think DT said that there was not enough verity but I'll double check will fix everything else in the meantime was busy with arena 2012 now I can focus more fully on this map as I belive arena is nearing th end of it beta life correct me if I'm wrong giving me time with this map.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 10:27:07 PM »
I don't think you need to add more weapons.  I'd just make the autococker weaker.  It makes things more interesting when supplies are rare and you have to pgp somebody to steal his weapon.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 01:42:36 AM »
I don't think you need to add more weapons.  I'd just make the autococker weaker.  It makes things more interesting when supplies are rare and you have to pgp somebody to steal his weapon.
Ok point taken thanks