Author Topic: Easy Jump Maps  (Read 3275 times)

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Easy Jump Maps
« on: July 28, 2011, 08:22:00 AM »
Hello Everyone,

To my surprise my jump server has been a huge success and is often full with 20 players!  Since there are a lot of newer players interested in jumping I thought I would start a second jump server with only easy maps.

Does anyone know of any EASY maps that should be on the rotation?  I am talking easier than dopjump or even memijump1a.  

So far the maplist has:

jump/dopjump_easy

I have a bad memory and can't think of any others.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:23:32 AM by SuperMAn »

flamer

• 68 Carbine
Re: Easy Jump Maps
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 04:32:34 PM »
memijump1a or whatever it's called isn't that easy for newbs...

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 05:30:39 PM »
Do the big maps, such as stubbsyjumps. The first levels are really easy and then later on it gets tougher. You should appeal to both sides of the player spectrum and that would make for a good server, hell maybe I'd even drop in to try and dust off my skills

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 05:54:11 AM »
Do the big maps, such as stubbsyjumps. The first levels are really easy and then later on it gets tougher. You should appeal to both sides of the player spectrum and that would make for a good server, hell maybe I'd even drop in to try and dust off my skills

He must not appeal to both sides of player spectrum, because he has one server for normal/good players and one for the beginners.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 07:06:14 AM »
Yes that is the idea Spain.  The normal server will appeal to most of the jumpers.  But this easy server is more for the people that can't even finish the first room on most maps.  I am going to add jump/towerjump to the rotation since there aren't really even any jumps in that map.  More like follow the path and don't fall. 

Thanks Spook, I will look over some stubbsy maps this weekend probably.  Neither servers have a complete maplist yet.  Slowly improving them over time.  If you really do want to start jumping again shoot me a pm and I will hook you up with a login.

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 07:06:35 AM »
For new players I prefer maps like...
...jump/gxjump1
...jump/slowjump5

Slowjump5 is mapped horrible, but these two maps helped me a lot at the beginning.

EDIT: The hardest part of jump/towerjump is the darkness :P

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 07:17:21 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions Chef-Killer.  Mapping committee should fix up slowjump5 =).  If i remember correctly there is a teleporter missing pretty far into the map. 
I agree that the lighting in towerjump is terrible.  Is it possible to change the brightness using an .ent?

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 07:30:32 AM »
I don't know who made slowjump5, so I don't know how to get official consent to fix it up. But I could send you an .ent file for this map later.
Brightness? Unfortunately not, I guess. Lighting/brightness and (ent)ities are different parts of a map. However, I think making dark maps just for using brightness advantages isn't a good idea.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 10:08:17 PM »
Highjump, literally just teaching new players how to judge their own jump distance. Probably would be fun for newer players.. The gxjumps series was pretty newb friendly if I remember, and I think some of the alt maps were really easy.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 01:19:01 AM »
towerjump is old, at this time, your dont wrote your mapping tutorial =P

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 05:59:13 AM »
Yep towerjump was my first map. I just tested BSP when ic3y gave it to me like 5 years ago. There was a fixed version by ic3y called towerjumpr, but ic3y and me havent the map anymore, but maybe Skyline or Luum still have it.

Ghadente

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 10:35:50 AM »
How about indoorjump6, hardjump, funjump?

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 11:09:22 AM »
How about indoorjump6, hardjump, funjump?

Indorjump6 wouldn't be bad, except the 1st double isn't noob friendly. A map like pimp6 wouldn't be a bad idea either. It's a short example of ice, something not many easier maps have.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 11:11:58 AM »
Oh, and if you look at this list from ic3y's q2 server, a TON of the maps with low times are not that hard. http://www.ic3y.de/jumpscores/_index1.html

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 12:03:46 PM »
But racemaps are finished after few seconds and that would be bad on a server for 20min. Moreover racemaps are just fun when you see whos faster like on ic3ys q2 jump.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 04:23:48 PM »
How about crossrace1, it's short for us, but there's a few jumps that would keep people hung up. Or future_city, or xqnewb1 - xqnewb8. They're all pretty easy, not too short.