Author Topic: Showing People Digital Paint in school  (Read 2981 times)

btw

• PGP
Showing People Digital Paint in school
« on: January 06, 2012, 11:44:14 AM »
everyone says it looks like minecraft :-[

Narga

• 68 Carbine
Re: Showing People Digital Paint in school
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 11:37:21 PM »
Did you use a high res texture pack for PB2?

PB2 looks cartoony like Minecraft, but not a low res. That's probably what they meant.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 05:04:55 AM »
Should it look like bf3 or crysis to be good?

Legendz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 05:14:54 AM »

+100 hahaha

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 05:34:58 AM »
heh school is where i first played this game, always ubcliff..like 6 years ago

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 11:29:57 AM »
No, but it should look the best it can, on download. HR4 textures on download will certainly keep people. Why make it look as bad as possible on download? Seems counter-productive to retaining players.

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 06:10:16 PM »
everyone says it looks like minecraft :-[

tbf, minecraft is a really popular game, so it would seem that gameplay is more important than looks and DP's gameplay is really good, so i'm sure if you get them to play it they may soon like it much more.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 04:47:41 AM »
I also first played digital paintball in school everday there where 30+ in there playing the game but as far as I know only 3 of us played it at home however I think it is a great idea to get people playing in school

Edit : I belive some people just play the game for gameplay others just judge the game on graphics after 5 minuets of playing or less it's a real shame because lots of people have been lost I fully agree with myers.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 07:27:04 AM »
I also started playing in school =).  I remember a new friend I made in grade 9 named Mike showed me the game.  He went by the name "Hondo" in DP.  Don't think he played to much after that, but he sure got me into it.

This thread brings up a good point though.  I think we are getting to the point where everyone has a decent enough computer to be able to use the high resolution textures.  Maybe it is time to start including at least a small HR4 pack with the game download and have it enabled by default.  Probably 90% of the players don't know there are better textures available.

I don't think anyone would mind the small addition to the download size.  25 MB takes less than 30 seconds to download for most people these days.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 07:43:39 AM »

Edit : I belive some people just play the game for gameplay others just judge the game on graphics after 5 minuets of playing or less it's a real shame because lots of people have been lost I fully agree with myers.  I agreee 100%

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 01:21:39 PM »
  Minecraft style is what they see visually, blocky hills and mountains. Until the terrains can become fluid (if ever possible) Everyone will think lego block style minecraft when playing. Eye candy is the biggest factor in a game these days and blocky graphics does not win even if the gameplay is top rate. Grab a newer BSP that has use of fluid realistic terrains and mod that up instead of keeping a dinosaur alive in the world of games.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »
been their, done that.  your right they say it looks like minecraft
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:30:42 PM by Toxiic »