Author Topic: Digital Paintball 2 Tourney  (Read 1391 times)

SnooD

• VM-68
Digital Paintball 2 Tourney
« on: January 24, 2012, 03:09:17 AM »
Hey, I heard a few people talking about maybe a tourney, but no one ever took any action. So I'm going to offer to host a tourney, I'll keep the brackets and post it on a website somewhere and link it to this forum if we were to do this. I would like it to be a 2v2 tourney only and 8 teams, Clans as partners is more preferable but I can accept some randoms as well. Note though, I will choose clans over randoms right away. You might ask when, where will it begin?
     Well I was going to talk to superman about leasing the servers out for the time being until it was over. It would begin whenever I had enough people to be able to do this, and when I have time to schedule it, which I will. Let me know what you think of this idea, think it would help get the game back together a little bit, and would be fun :). I'll talk more about it when it happens, or if it happens.
       I talked to a few people about this and they don't think that it is a bad idea, I have came up with some times to do this I'll list them below let me know what is most conveinet

Friday January 27 3:30-4:00P.M Eastern Standard time.

Monday January 30th 3:30-4:00P.M Eastern Standard time.

Friday February 3rd 3:30-4:00P.M Eastern Standard time.

Monday February 6th 3:30-4:00P.M Eastern Standard time.

If none of these times work at all, and you would like for me to plan a different time, let me know. Thanks

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:09:27 AM by SnooD »

blaa

• Autococker
Re: Digital Paintball 2 Tourney
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 03:55:00 AM »
 Good idea. Use http://www.tourney.cc for brackets. It's very easy to set everything up - add clans manually (they can register themselves too, but hey, you don't want to register to random sites, why should clans), set up random brackets (double elim, single elim, groups, everything is there). If you have any questions about the site, then ask.

The part about tourneys that is difficult is not the "oh i create a thread, name a maplist" part. The difficult part is where you get the clans to play. So do huge promoting and you will be succesfull.

If you make a tourny for 8 teams, then maximum amount of servers you need is 4.

SnooD

• VM-68
Re: Digital Paintball 2 Tourney
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 05:32:16 AM »
Good idea. Use http://www.tourney.cc for brackets. It's very easy to set everything up - add clans manually (they can register themselves too, but hey, you don't want to register to random sites, why should clans), set up random brackets (double elim, single elim, groups, everything is there). If you have any questions about the site, then ask.

The part about tourneys that is difficult is not the "oh i create a thread, name a maplist" part. The difficult part is where you get the clans to play. So do huge promoting and you will be succesfull.

If you make a tourny for 8 teams, then maximum amount of servers you need is 4.
Thanks you very much for the response and the support, i seriously though that i was going got get some stupid response form someone, but i am serious about all of this.