Author Topic: Halo soundtrack  (Read 1151 times)

supertanker

• VM-68
Halo soundtrack
« on: June 12, 2006, 09:53:50 PM »
Have you actually heard the Halo soundtracks? For a videogame, its really actually quite nice (Except for a couple of songs which sound like an elephant with waaaaaaay too much caffine in his system was having a siezure and trying to play electric guitar and that sould was passed through two cheep walkie-talkies on either side of a cage of really loud monkies and then modified using the most annoying syntesizer possible....)

Although, its kind of heavenly music considering you're a 7 foot, 1/2 ton cyborg with inpenetrable armour and a rocketlauncher and energy sward and you are chopping everyone to tiny bits....

I'm listinging to one of the songs right now, "High Charity: the Pursuit of Truth"

TinMan

• Autococker
Re: Halo soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 11:30:13 PM »
Do not speak of this "Halo" game ever again, for is comes form the belly of the Redmond beast.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 01:46:19 AM »
The Halo 2 soundtrack(s) are really great, except for the ones NOT done by Marty O'Donnel. Because he's a genious, and getting anyone else but him to do music, even for the soundtrack, was a huge mistake. Because he's a genious. Twice.

Qoo

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 09:48:35 AM »
Steve Vai did the title track I think.  Steve Vai is pretty good.

There are some ones by incubus too I believe but I haven't heard.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 12:45:01 PM »
Who listens to game soundtracks? lmao.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 01:08:13 PM »
GreenAffairz, I dare you to go up to a group of Final Fantasy lovers and ask that.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 02:06:56 PM »
I think the better question is, "Why does GreenAffairz start or end every post with lmao?" :)

supertanker

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 08:20:41 PM »
Yeah, the four Incubus ones are pretty good: I like number 1 ("Follow") and 3

The Hoobastank one is just...weird

as for "Never surrender..."...don't you hear Cortana talking enough IN THE GAME??!!

And yes, steve vai kicks assor.

In the Halo 2 Volume two, the song "Reclaimer" is just plain awsome...

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 08:23:36 PM »
If dpball gets a soundtrack I think it should be all underground stuff, or stuff from garageband.com and all the bands that aren't big. I'm pro OGG too.