Author Topic: DPLogin Issues (Split)  (Read 1174 times)

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
DPLogin Issues (Split)
« on: February 14, 2012, 09:49:43 AM »
Not sure if it's still up-to-date, but when I started a few years back, I remember being quite confused with all this account stuff, etc. Many people will play without accounts, but are confused when they're being kicked from servers with sv_login activated.

I think this also partially affects the amount of players that will eventually join the matching scene. We have all had our experiences with "pubstars" trying to join a match server, but are than constantly being kicked because of dplogin reasons. I can imagine this not really being inviting for new players.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
DPLogin Issues (Split)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »
Yes, more helpful (more text, explain why) kick messages would be good. Also a first start screen where a player can choose a name and change some settings (resolution, fullscreen) would help. The no account screen would be ok after that. Or better, the game should use the desktop resolution and fullscreen automatically by default (instead of a 640x480 window). Another thing is the ingame serverlist. It should maybe have some checkboxes to filter the list. One to sort out passworded servers and one to sort out servers with sv_login 2 (should automatically checked if the player isn't logged in). But at all it should show somewhere, how many servers are online. So a player can see that there are servers, if he filtered out everything (worst case).

That are some things, that will help a new player to join a server and start to play, but i think you ask more for issues to run/start the game right?

Toxiic

• Autococker
DPLogin Issues (Split)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:36:03 PM »
Well I sent have time 2 read what other people posted, so.if I post the exact thing as u guys posted then im sorry.

I think that new players (without a dplogin id) go to servers were they need a global account, usually think that this game is NOT "working". Solution? Simple, every time a new player goes into that server and gets kicked, rather then showing that "u have been kicked from the server"  , make that screen have some thing like "you must create an account by going to dplogin.com or click this "creating an global account" or if you wanna still play you can go to these server "server names that has no sv_login"" and if the new player clicks the create an account that will take them to the creating an account process an if they click the other option, that will take them to the server that does not require the dplogin id with the most players in it

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: DPLogin Issues (Split)
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 11:45:59 PM »
Split this off into its own thread as it has nothing to do with the game not running on Windows.  It's certainly an issue to address, but I'm not sure how high of a priority it should be.