Author Topic: "Saves"  (Read 2481 times)

Bau5

• PGP
"Saves"
« on: April 14, 2012, 10:41:41 AM »
 Hey guys. I was just thinking of things that could make this game better, and I think I have something. On the scoreboard, captures and grabs are displayed. I think it would be cool if the scoreboard displayed "saves" (Achieved by returning the flag bakc home). Please reply!

Foxhound

• Autococker
Re: "Saves"
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 11:31:05 AM »
not bad

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 11:47:14 AM »
not bad

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 01:40:19 PM »
what would you make count as a "save"? The one that shoots the enemy with the flag, or the one that sends it back?

Sub0123

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 02:43:26 PM »
what would you make count as a "save"? The one that shoots the enemy with the flag, or the one that sends it back?

Both would be cool. But probably the enemy with the flag.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 08:45:32 AM »
why not ? :)

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 11:40:38 AM »

Or just have 2 separate slots for it, one for "saves" - person who shoots the flag carrier, and one for returns - person who returns said flag. Then again that could really clutter the scoreboard.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 12:21:36 PM »
Or could go like the other games have gone.

Have columns called score, kills, deaths
score would include each kill (+1), grab (+5), cap (+10), save (+3), return (+1), carrier kill (+1 in addition to kill +1, so +2 in total), super carrier kill (+10 if kill happens to be to close to cap area)

Ghadente

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 11:05:38 PM »
blaa... isn't "save" the same as "carrier kill"?

i do agree that its a good idea to record carrier kills and/or returns

Bau5

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 02:03:51 PM »
I had in mind the person who killed the man with the flag would get the "Save". I think the capture system should be altered. You could die right in front of the capture zone then a newb could get the cap for it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 02:28:18 AM »
Flag returns aren't always a good thing.  For example, if somebody is waiting in your base to get the flag, and you KNOW they're there, it's better to leave the flag, as then they'll have to go seek it out or wait longer for it to time out and return.  I don't really want to encourage flag returns as I don't want people getting caught up in stats instead of what's tactically better.  Carrier kills might be worth adding if we do a full blown stats system, but I don't think they're worth adding to the scoreboard.  There's also a potential that players will wait for people to grab the flag before shooting them (when they had an opportunity to shoot them before), which isn't really a good thing, either.

Bau5

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 04:29:23 AM »
I see your point. I was just playing Capture the Flag on MW3 and noticed that, however the flag is required to be at the base to cap the enemy flag. Good view, I had never thought of that.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 05:34:00 AM »
Flag returns aren't always a good thing.  For example, if somebody is waiting in your base to get the flag, and you KNOW they're there, it's better to leave the flag, as then they'll have to go seek it out or wait longer for it to time out and return.  I don't really want to encourage flag returns as I don't want people getting caught up in stats instead of what's tactically better.  Carrier kills might be worth adding if we do a full blown stats system, but I don't think they're worth adding to the scoreboard.  There's also a potential that players will wait for people to grab the flag before shooting them (when they had an opportunity to shoot them before), which isn't really a good thing, either.

I see you mentioned full blown stats system. Do you have a plan for that already? I think most of the newer games have stats system. People like to look at their stats and collect awards. We already have dplogin system, which in my opinion should be used a lot more. Now it's just a place where to add names.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »