Author Topic: IN PROGRESS: WMV White Mountain Valley  (Read 10734 times)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: IN PROGRESS: WMV White Mountain Valley
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 06:18:37 AM »
I don't understand how this one is "bad" though.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 07:11:21 AM »
well ill look at it later because i found about 10 missaligned brushes in the first 10 minutes for the beta 1...
i found it a great map except got abit lost on low a couple times. could be good if you gave it theme and detail. like putting new things in it that are original . instead of copying & using ideas from other people maps. make yours unique. just my opinion (no offense, and you dont have to do what i said).

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 01:40:17 PM »
Spook just hooked me up with some models im going to use in mid. I didn't copy any ideas from anyone's map either. There are a few misaligned textures in mid.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 01:20:05 AM »
sshot1:missaligned

sshot2:missaligned

sshot3: I don't know if you're going to raise it to make it the same height and i think you should extend that to the end..

sshot4:Wrong Tex..

sshot5:Missaligned

sshot6:i think you should make this like sshot7.

sshot7: for sshot6

sshot8: I think you should Extend it so you can walk up it...

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 03:51:56 PM »
I like the water how i have it, if you fall in there that's your own darn fault go around to get up.

Its minor misaligned excrement you have presented me with some ill fix others just are not worth it and will have no effect on game play.

SS #3 i did on purpose so you could land there. The wall one ill fix and the one under the ramp im almost 100% sure is a quark problem because its not like that in the .map.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 05:32:53 PM »
i think it's a good map to intercourse around on, since this is what the matching scene is like nowadays. i think most of clipz's maps are good and i enjoy seeing fun maps be released.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 05:34:47 PM »
i got to play with nischmole, you jelly?

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 04:39:10 AM »
i had a couple more but cbb

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 07:03:32 AM »
Went through it a few minutes ago:

-Very boxy
-Paths are just thrown everywhere
-All of the 'wall cut outs' are square with a face of metal... Chuck some broken walls, or some supports or just something on them.
-Mid is, uh, not even sure what that is. Looks like something that came out of Unrated's excretory opening.

Not sure about match wise, but thats my opinion.

ALSO:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://clipz.viciouz.co.uk/maps/wmv_b1.bsp]Beta 1![/url]
Code: [Select]
[url=http://clipz.viciouz.co.uk/maps/wmv_b2.bsp]Beta 2![/url]
Your links seem to be intercoursed.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 01:22:53 AM »
Some general stuff:

- The map doesn't have a consistent theme to it.  Every corner you turn, it has a different texture set.  It doesn't feel like a location - just feels like a bunch of textures thrown together in a way that doesn't makes sense -- grass and water in one area, snow and ice in another, and all sorts of different rock types that you wouldn't see adjacent to each other in reality.
- There is more than one water plane visible, which causes issues/poor performance with reflective water.
- The lighting isn't right.  Everything is fairly uniformly lit with some discolored/overbrightened reflective lighting.  You probably need to set appropriate sun lighting angles and use the .wal and palette files from the BSP pack.
- The flags on the pillars will be problematic if I ever add UI elements to help people locate flags in maps.  I would take those out and just make some nicer looking pillars instead of a gigantic block of wood.
- The map feels kind of awkward to navigate.  You constantly have to worry about falling into the water in the base area, and some of the paths have abrupt angles that don't flow well.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 11:36:08 AM »
-Very boxy

All of Clipz maps' are boxy.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 03:52:25 PM »
All of Clipz maps' are boxy.