Author Topic: Sound cutting out/stuttering (Xubuntu 12.10 64 bit) and resolution  (Read 1950 times)

Calinou

• PGP
Hi,

I'm using the ALSA sound driver (OSS and SDL both make no sound, even though I installed 32 bit libraries for SDL at least). My sound card is integrated to my motherboard AFAIK (= Intel). Sound mixahead is set to 0.2 (tried 0.1, 0.4 and 1, same results). Sound plays, but it is constantly "cutting".

Sound works fine in other games like Sauerbraten, Warsow, Quake2World or Xonotic.

Also, how can I use a custom resolution (eg. 1908×1020)?

Thanks for helping.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Sound cutting out/stuttering (Xubuntu 12.10 64 bit) and resolution
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »
I've had a lot of issues with ALSA, which is why I have OSS enabled by default, but it seems a lot of distros are dropping support for it, so that might be why you don't get sound.  I think you have to do a custom kernel build to get that to work.  Do you know what sound drivers you're using in those other games?

Calinou

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 05:18:54 AM »
In those other games I usually use SDL or PulseAudio sound, as far as I know.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 11:40:45 AM »
Unfortunately, there aren't many people who use the Linux build, and developing on it is a huge pain in the butt, so it doesn't get much focus (it's mostly there to support Linux servers).  I might add OpenAL support at some point, but you might not be able to get sound to work currently...