Author Topic: Realism Pack by Qwaseman2  (Read 1564 times)

Qwaseman2

• PGP
Realism Pack by Qwaseman2
« on: March 11, 2013, 03:19:37 PM »
Hey guys! I haven't really informed anyone about process on my realism pack from "Great Crosshair Creator Needed ASAP." post. Now, I kinda actually gave up on the crosshair that looks like googles.

I have a couple of questions of what I can do. These are mainly for the people that have experience on doing stuff like modding and scripting.  :P

1.) If I changed the sounds (such as deaths and flag grabs) and changed them to something maybe "realistic" such as when someone grabs the flag, they can say "I got the flag, cover me!", will I have a chance to be banned or kicked?

I have a recording studio so I can record sounds myself.
(Or just find MP3s for download.)

2.) Is there any types of scripts that do have realism in them? I already have stuff like hand switching, similar to what you do in paintball.

(If anyone has some great scripts, please lend them voluntarily, full credit will be given to you.)

3.) This one kinda goes along with the past question.
As a script (or anything else), would it be possible to make a script that when a certain event happens, another event will happen to you such as a change in something on-screen? This part would be great to add:
-When hit,  the player will have a change on-screen. That change is a change of crosshair. That crosshair will be not a crosshair if it makes since. It will be a paintball splatter in a random part of the screen. So what I'm saying, if hit, your crosshair changes to the paintball splatter.

4.) Simple question: Anyone want to help?  :D

Sorry for the semi-long post. Hopefully this will help me with all of my pack.

Thanks ahead of time!

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Realism Pack by Qwaseman2
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
1. I think it's fine as long as you don't touch weapon or footstep sounds. Otherwise, you should get a modified content notice when you start the game.

2. Probably not on the client side (on the server side you can disable ridiculous jumping)

3. Not really, paintball2 has no concept of event triggers afaik.

Qwaseman2

• PGP
Re: Realism Pack by Qwaseman2
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 03:59:40 PM »
Alright, thanks! Didn't know if there were really abilities to do stuff like events changing something else. Gonna do some serious work now.

BTW: Anyone is open to help. Credit will be given.