Author Topic: Make Flags Immune to trigger_hurt?  (Read 2640 times)

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Make Flags Immune to trigger_hurt?
« on: January 26, 2014, 10:29:23 AM »
Whenever a flag is dropped into a trigger_hurt entity, it is immediately returned home, even when the dmg on the trigger_hurt is something like -50. Is there a way to get around this problem and have the trigger_hurt only affect players and not other entities?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Make Flags Immune to trigger_hurt?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 01:01:01 PM »
Not currently.  The reason it's implemented like that is to prevent the flag from falling into some unreachable location.  What are you trying to do?

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 01:19:28 PM »
Not currently.  The reason it's implemented like that is to prevent the flag from falling into some unreachable location.  What are you trying to do?
I'm trying to prevent camping in New York with placing trigger_hurt entities in key camping spots that will eliminate players who go into those spots and stay there for extended periods of time. There is another trigger_hurt entity on the opponent's flag spot with negative damage.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 01:26:58 PM »
Nice idea to get around that but i dont think that this will help a lot or will make the map better!
It would make people thinking weird things and then everybody is wondering: Huh why i had been killed, what thef*uck is going on?"

I dont think that most people will like it...
I agree with it but maybe you just avoid getting there instead of killing those... Maybe just place a barrel/box/fence or something and then a clipbrush around it to avoid camping behind the barrel...
Something that is more reasonable to not go there.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 08:05:31 PM »
Yeah, I don't know that that is going to work very well.  Since the game isn't really health-based, it's going to be very confusing as to when you're losing or gaining health.  Also, camping is part of the game.  If it's to easy to camp in your map, then you should work on improving the layout, rather than having strange mechanics that auto-kill campers.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »
just create a trigger_hurt out of several brushes so the flag doesn't get touched in the spawn location.