Author Topic: OBS/Idle Bug  (Read 1065 times)

toM|vendettA

• 68 Carbine
OBS/Idle Bug
« on: July 04, 2006, 06:15:30 AM »
Bug: Depending on server/map when a player connects the map loads and they enter the game. As soon as they enter the game they are added to observer with the standard idle/obs message. Any intermediate skilled DP'er knows how to join a team and what not, but what I am worried about is the newbie's who get stuck in obs and don't know how to join a team. If this happens to them too often they will eventually give up on the game.

----

Another Bug

----

Bug: After camming someone and not being active you get sent to obs at the start of the next round.

Example: I am in a match and I get killed, I press my chase cam bind and immediately I am following a member of the opposite team with camera. I am on vent/ts2 with my team and I am voice reconning them. While reconning I do not press any buttons on my mouse or keyboard. The round ends and I am still on the blue team. Immediately after the 5 second countdown I get sent to obs for being idle, when really I was just waiting for the next round. This means that I have to rejoin the blue team and my teammates have to play 1 man down for that round.

You dont have to be voice reconning, i was just using that as an example. Is there anyway to fix this?

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: OBS/Idle Bug
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 06:37:31 AM »
Bug: Depending on server/map when a player connects the map loads and they enter the game. As soon as they enter the game they are added to observer with the standard idle/obs message. Any intermediate skilled DP'er knows how to join a team and what not, but what I am worried about is the newbie's who get stuck in obs and don't know how to join a team. If this happens to them too often they will eventually give up on the game.
This is fixed in an upcoming release/server binary.

Bug: After camming someone and not being active you get sent to obs at the start of the next round.

Example: I am in a match and I get killed, I press my chase cam bind and immediately I am following a member of the opposite team with camera. I am on vent/ts2 with my team and I am voice reconning them. While reconning I do not press any buttons on my mouse or keyboard. The round ends and I am still on the blue team. Immediately after the 5 second countdown I get sent to obs for being idle, when really I was just waiting for the next round. This means that I have to rejoin the blue team and my teammates have to play 1 man down for that round.

You dont have to be voice reconning, i was just using that as an example. Is there anyway to fix this?

This is depndant on the idle observer cvar on the server.  I think the default is a little too low(I think 60s).  You'll notice that this doesn't happen on ch1ll or PBCup servers because I've set the value to 75s to avoid triggering this action.

toM|vendettA

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:35:56 AM »
Ah, ok :) Sounds good. It makes sense that the cvar be 75 instead of 60, seeing as elim time is 60 at default.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 02:02:38 PM »
Um...nobody should be camping that long without twitching their mouse...lol