Author Topic: Usage  (Read 1180 times)

Influx

• PGP
Usage
« on: April 25, 2013, 12:46:40 AM »
I've been trying to measure my usage lately while playing PB2, as I'm on a rather small allotment of data, and I've been coming up with drastically different numbers with different tools. I'd like to see some of the numbers you have, as I've been recently holding-off of playing for a while now.

Also, there's a forum section for cheaters, is there any way we can stick my ex in there?

-Stigma

TRION

• 68 Carbine
Re: Usage
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 01:49:26 AM »
if u mean by the hours and kills you have got so far u can try using localstats command in dp2
and u can upload it on stats.bantero.us if u think they are good :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 01:40:10 PM »
I think he's referring to bandwidth usage.

That can vary a lot depending on how much action is going on.  If you're on a crowded low respawn time server with a tiny map and 16+ people running around shooting each other non stop, it's going to use a lot more bandwidth than if you're on a standard server with a few people that aren't always visible.

I want to say it's roughly 3-4KBytes/s, but that can vary a lot.

Influx

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 05:42:32 PM »
Thanks Jitspoe, that's exactly what I was referring to. I didn't know that my question was that vague.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 07:35:02 PM »
If you demo record everything, then your total size of recorded demos + about 10% overhead = downstream usage. Upstream is like 1kb/s i think, not sure.