Author Topic: Bug: Paint Grenade Insane Physics Causes Game To Crash  (Read 2389 times)

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Bug: Paint Grenade Insane Physics Causes Game To Crash
« on: September 21, 2013, 08:46:50 AM »
So basically I had my paintgrenade settings like this;
bursts: 64
balls per burst: 40

And the game crashed with an error message saying "post this error message to dplogin for bug fixing." So that's what I'm doing right now.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Bug: Paint Grenade Insane Physics Causes Game To Crash
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 09:03:57 AM »
Thanks for the report, however this is unlikely to be fixed, to fix just turn your ridiculous grenade settings down ;P

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 08:50:39 AM »
Yeah, the fix is "Don't do that." :)

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 10:25:59 AM »
Yeah, the fix is "Don't do that." :)
It is weird that with crouching-dead players jitspoe haven't made suggestion "don't die". Not trying to be rude, just saying that this is how most bugs are "fixed".

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »
It is weird that with crouching-dead players jitspoe haven't made suggestion "don't die". Not trying to be rude, just saying that this is how most bugs are "fixed".
You are being rude, though.  Your example is sarcastic, and you pick one thing that isn't handled the way you would like and act like it's the norm.  Can you find more than 100 instances where I said "don't do that" to a bug report?  If not, that's not how most bugs are handled, and your statement is false.  Perhaps if you understood how rude you actually were to other people, you'd understand why so many people dislike you.  It's mostly a matter of tact.

On topic, there is a feature vote related to this:

http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10179

It's still a bad idea to have the paint grenades emit an insane amount of entities.  Even if the crash is fixed, the game will likely be unplayable due to lag.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 02:35:50 PM »
I think the other solution would be to get a better computer.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 03:01:25 PM »
There's always the Narga way. :)

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »
You are being rude, though.  Your example is sarcastic, and you pick one thing that isn't handled the way you would like and act like it's the norm.  Can you find more than 100 instances where I said "don't do that" to a bug report?  If not, that's not how most bugs are handled, and your statement is false.  Perhaps if you understood how rude you actually were to other people, you'd understand why so many people dislike you.  It's mostly a matter of tact.

On topic, there is a feature vote related to this:

http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10179

It's still a bad idea to have the paint grenades emit an insane amount of entities.  Even if the crash is fixed, the game will likely be unplayable due to lag.
Alright, my last post somehow vanished, so I'll put it shorter now...
I didn't intend to be rude Jitspoe, it was hiperbole what I did and it wasn't intended to be true. I believe most of us know that you try to keep most irritating bugs out.
So what I did intend? Actually it is because I found your older posts being more emotional, and now you are less human-alike. It might sound weird, but I found it very true.
Maybe if you were more emotional in your posts, you would also find out that you are not capable of keeping this game alive yourself and seek for help which is what most open-source projects now rely on and work greatly with.
Thats what I intended, not being rude to you, Jitspoe. I might sound rude, but I try to never attack people, only their behaviors I find wrong. If it was rude for you: Sorry.

As for bug: I would mean to fix message, not whole bug which would mean redesigning system that is doing correctly things it was designed for.