Author Topic: I have Another PC : Whatcha Think?  (Read 1575 times)

Qwaseman2

• PGP
I have Another PC : Whatcha Think?
« on: October 02, 2013, 05:08:06 PM »
How's it going, everyone? I recently found a PC that had a sign on it that said: "Free Computer. Please take" (I'm serious.) at my church. I went ahead and decided to take it.

Here are the specs:

Inter Pentium 4
CPU 2.00GHz
2GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE 256MB
DX 9.0

Do you guys know of anything that I will be able to play.
(I'm not upgrading this one. I'm saving up 400 dollars for a custom built PC.)

Narga

• 68 Carbine
Re: I have Another PC : Whatcha Think?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 08:28:15 PM »
Depending on the OS, you might be able to play some old-skool games.

If it has a relatively new OS, I think Windows ME and Windows 2,000 are abandon ware now so you might be able to download them legally (I won't post links until someone can confirm this).

Qwaseman2

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 04:21:36 AM »
I'm using Windows XP and Service Pack 2.

You can run XP in "Compatibility Mode" when using older programs that don't support XP.

The graphics card I have has PixelShader 2.0 I believe.

Is it alright if I post my PC's specs for the one that I need $400 for? I don't wanna keep posting new things...

This plays Happy Wheels on the normal settings with blood set to "2".  :P

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 04:27:37 AM »
Is it alright if I post my PC's specs for the one that I need $400 for? I don't wanna keep posting new things...

Go for it, although there is not many tech savvy people on this forum :P

Also, if you are looking for the best bang for your buck and don't know much about computers, definitely head over to overclock.net or tomshardware.com or even reddit.com/r/buildapc (I think?), you will get much more help and insight. Especially from tomshardware, so many build threads! Good luck :)

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 08:28:53 AM »
If it has a relatively new OS, I think Windows ME and Windows 2,000 are abandon ware now so you might be able to download them legally (I won't post links until someone can confirm this).
Please don't post nonsense, even M$ DOS 6.0 can be legally purchased. So this is not true, otherwise all companies would use windows ME, which can run most tools still.

Do you guys know of anything that I will be able to play.
Solitaire.
If you want to get good answer, ask smart. Best way you can check if you can run "X" is to try it. So i don't see reason to ask.