Author Topic: Who owns this game?  (Read 2063 times)

CandyMan

• PGP
Who owns this game?
« on: December 25, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »
I've been looking through the feature vote section and the new implementations. Why is nothing that people ACTUALLY WANT being included in new releases? It would appear that whoever owns this game has his eyes on real paintball rather than quake-style game play. Lean towards the latter and success shall seek you out as it has myself.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Who owns this game?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »
I'm trying to focus on things that will help bring new players to the game.   Many of the things that are on the feature list do get implemented, though.   They just no longer get displayed by default.   I don't really know that clan labels on jerseys will make a huge impact on the player base. I felt things like tutorials would help more.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
Re: Who owns this game?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 02:52:23 PM »
If you want to see the things in the feature vote list added to the game, then learn how to program in C, grab Visual C++ 2008 (the express edition will be enough), download the source code from the downloads page, grab the Direct X SDK (I think you want the 2009 version), then get coding. There's other things you need to get in order to compile the game though. ViciouZ knows.

2008 and 2010 express editions work, so maybe get one of those installed as well and try using that. Also, post the errors. You will probably need to install the DirectX SDK and libpng/zlib to get paintball to compile, also either install libvorbis/libvorbisfile or disable the ENABLE_OGG define.

I personally don't recommend any version of Visual Studio newer than 2008 unless you like dealing with the "%linkeroutput doesn't match the $(targetpath)" errors. I think T3RRORI5T is planning on upgrading the Visual Studio solution/project files to Visual C++ 2012.

I tried compiling the source code, but I get an error that says something like "PthreadVC.dll is missing". Maybe you won't get or maybe you will.