Author Topic: DayZ in Paintball?  (Read 7107 times)

promarijan

• VM-68
Re: DayZ in Paintball?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 02:15:19 PM »
yes you are right... The maximum would be something like 3 layers and then its gone!

What is causing the Max_Patches error? Not enough RAM?

As i sai to Matze the teleporter thing would work better in specific areas for example in a castle and you got a garden inside it, so just put that into an extralayer...

Another question @ you, Jitspoe or those who know it... What does the trigger do at the end of the tutorial? is it just a trigger that activates local a command? If so, it would be too easy to do... (EeeeZ XD)

You could make several parts of the map, connect those by triggers that connect you to other server with the other map inside and let those people travel between cities and towns for example!
Would be cool too and helpful for RPG too!

We'll see!

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 03:08:13 PM »
You could make several parts of the map, connect those by triggers that connect you to other server with the other map inside and let those people travel between cities and towns for example!
Would be cool too and helpful for RPG too!

We'll see!
Beginning to sound like Elder Scrolls Online now, that would be cool if you could do that (difference is ESO is on one supermassive server divided up)

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 03:10:17 PM »
eso != dp

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 10:50:34 AM »
i did NOT talk about ESO at all! That was Mission!

I just thought about traveling between areas... Something like icemountains, jungle, desert, canyon and lots more! Connecting these by portals or whatever would be just cool BUT would also cause some problems to the mechanics or would change those: You cant travel with your items and would do more RPG like pvp or whatever...

We'll see!

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 01:12:39 PM »
eso != dp
This means eso is not equal to dp. At least in c++

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 06:25:09 PM »
What is causing the Max_Patches error? Not enough RAM?
Q2 engine was not designed for open spaces nor for huge levels. It has many optimizations that doesn't work well for open spaces nor huge levels. That's why you will get errors.

It's possible yet extremely stupid: Q2 is not designed for big spaces. Stop wasting your time doing things that won't work correctly, get another engine that will work better for such things.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 01:10:48 PM »
I already did a map that is bigger then you would go!
I definitly got less fps than i should have normally but it works and in some cases it is recommended to deactivate the waterreflections!

BUT then it works quite good and does not cause any overflow, if the server is a real one, not a private!

It still is waayy too much work but an interesting  project to talk about...
I will stay with menu making and that stuff...

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 10:48:28 AM »
make it simple. don't waste your time, you will maybe regret the free time you spend on it someday. Create small rooms and link them with portals or like i said SOMEHOW with trigger_changelevel. There is no other efficient and useful way to do this.