Author Topic: Online Paintball Server Browser  (Read 1986 times)

LaZeRs

• Autococker
Online Paintball Server Browser
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:42:47 PM »
I made an official online server list! Yeah, the website host is probably poor, but I don't know how to code yet, so I figured this is the next best thing.

Got bored and looked at rockitudes server browser, finally. I guess the reason I didn't really want it was because I didn't want to download it. But I heard it was REALLY good from many people, so I decided to check it out, and it was great!

But that laziness of me not wanting to download it is what I'm talking about. I made a website that's like a server browser. It has all the long-lasting features that probably won't change (like location, IP address, and revival time) but all the stuff that is subject to change quickly (like players and maps) aren't on the online server browser because it doesn't change automatically on the website. So I decided to update the page (and I mean EVERYTHING I can) every 24 hours at 6:00 P.M. Western USA Time.

So if you don't want to download another version of a server browser, just check out the available public AND private servers currently up and running on Digital Paintball 2. Feel free to post suggestions or anything helpful for improvement. Oh, and don't be afraid to give me some more links ;)

Enjoy! lazersdp.wix.com/serverlist

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Online Paintball Server Browser
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 12:25:03 AM »
Well, if you start off learning some PHP, you could use sk89q's libdpserver to write a script to generate that page for you whenever you'd like :) Just basic file io to fetch the serverlist from http://dplogin.com/serverlist.php, split it up by lines, and then get the server info for each address, and print out however you want - a good PHP project for somebody who is learning :)

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 12:35:06 AM »
Well, if you start off learning some PHP, you could use sk89q's libdpserver to write a script to generate that page for you whenever you'd like :) Just basic file io to fetch the serverlist from http://dplogin.com/serverlist.php, split it up by lines, and then get the server info for each address, and print out however you want - a good PHP project for somebody who is learning :)
Sounds good! I'll look into that. :D

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 06:31:25 AM »
OTB and Cookies Pub = 30 Sec Respawn
spec and TRR = 20 Sec Respawn

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 06:55:58 AM »
Maybe arrange the servers in vertical line? So it won't look confusing.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 10:00:05 AM »
OTB and Cookies Pub = 30 Sec Respawn
spec and TRR = 20 Sec Respawn

Fixed, thanks.
Maybe arrange the servers in vertical line? So it won't look confusing.
I'll put lines in between the columns. I don't want to make them all vertical. It would be too much to scroll down.