Author Topic: What type of maps do you prefer more?  (Read 3144 times)

Smacker

• Stingray
What type of maps do you prefer more?
« on: January 01, 2014, 01:13:05 PM »
I am curious what is your type of maps. Do you like more open maps, like ub_cliff, napalm,sassault4_b3 where you can easly deffend high and low from one position and the map look more naturally, or more interier maps like for example sphouse, where you have many rooms, many ways with obstacles, where you are inside of some complex or is the combination of those two what you prefer the most, like for example pbcup_renoir, nitefactor, pbcup_sassault,carpathian?

I would like to know how you feel about those maps more from the visual side rather than from the gameplay side.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: What type of maps do you prefer more?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 01:15:06 PM »
I prefer sphouse types of maps over stuff like napalm.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 01:23:54 PM »
Combination often is the best, as outdoor maps (standard grass/rock) tends to provide the best gameplay, as you can make jumps without it feeling forced, its easy to have flow, it works well with the standard 2 flag map. Then it also allows for detail to make the map look good.

The problem with most mappers today is they try to do the combination - but they either lack the mapping skill/understanding to do it so it turns out terrible, or they try soo hard to force things that it ends up awkward to move in.

Visually, it'd be cool to have an indoor map that played well - but I think a combination of things where the mid is typically always outdoor grassy/stone type maps will stay the best in this game. I prefer bases like Renoir rather than pforest (visually) as it makes it seem more than just a standard grass map.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 01:27:06 PM »
My personal favorite is a mixture out of speed and advanced gameplay with a lot of nature or outdoor scenario...

Something like pp3 or some other maps that i made myself... OTH is one of my old favorites too with cream and discovery...
Most maps that i like had been in the old OTBspeed rotation 3 years ago...

Just let us play the classic maps again!

EDIT: And my favorite style of mapping is a combination of futuristic objects out of metal with a lot of nature (grass/rocks).

stomper

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 01:50:42 PM »
i prefer natural maps mixed with some "human-made" stuff like bunker, bridges etc... crimethink is probably the best example to show what i mean and that's why it's one of my favourite maps, together with greenaprk, pbcup_pforest,pbcup_sass and sass4.

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 02:08:08 PM »
i prefer natural maps mixed with some "human-made" stuff like bunker, bridges etc... crimethink is probably the best example to show what i mean and that's why it's one of my favourite maps, together with greenaprk, pbcup_pforest,pbcup_sass and sass4.

this

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 02:24:18 PM »
i like birds and oddjob

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 02:26:29 PM »
^ pls stop trying to copy luckmore, you're not funny

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 02:32:46 PM »
I like maps that take alot of skill, like Sandtrap, Crates, Spawninabox, dock2.. ect ect. Oh cant forget pbcup.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 02:37:12 PM »
I like maps with really good terrain, like clipz maps. ohwait.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 02:43:48 PM »
I like maps with really good terrain, like clipz maps. ohwait.
Thanks, they are one of a kind!