Author Topic: Test the limits!  (Read 2232 times)

afortier

• Stingray
Test the limits!
« on: June 13, 2006, 10:50:10 AM »
This weekend, my brother and I will be making high-end maps using high levels of geometry, water, and glass to see just how far DP2's engine can be pushed. It will be exciting to find the breaking point. If were lucky, the limitations of Quake II did not cary over to the current version of DP2. Also this weekend, if the weather is pretty good, we will start capturing some 48khz sounds for the new build. Sounds should be done for build 18 if at that time ogg-vorbis is implemented in the engine. Has anyone here had good results compressing .BSP maps arround 8MB with 7Zip or UHARC?

Qoo

• VM-68
Re: Test the limits!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:09:29 AM »
The only limit is your creativity!

That and other peoples computers.

(this post really isn't true, please refrain from flaming   :))

afortier

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 12:31:15 PM »
Ah now who edited that last post without leaving their name?

How about a lake with glass on a sheet of ice with a glass of water... Does this engine do lense flairs? How about one of those sink fixtures in the sky thats not attached to anything but spouts water continuously?

Ima gonna have some fun! Ill make some custom textures with my digital cam, and maybe even animated sprites...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 02:17:50 PM »
No lense flares (yet).

afortier

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 04:18:50 AM »
Your doin great despite the ammount of work ahead. It all depends on where you want to go with the project. Good work. Is this a part time project for you?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 01:16:21 PM »
It's just a hobby outside of work, social life, and playing games.  Fortunately for you guys, I don't have much of a social life, hah!  Still doesn't leave me much time to work on it, though.

afortier

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 09:09:27 AM »
:) I put off a techdemo for a while but now should get to doing one real soon!