Author Topic: Client / Admin / Server Commands  (Read 3222 times)

LaZeRs

• Autococker
Client / Admin / Server Commands
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:07:34 PM »
These commands are pretty much every command in Digital Paintball 2 that you can do for yourself (client), for operating (admin), and for managing your server (server). They seem pretty hard to find, so I've done the task of putting links to these long, lost command sites of Paintball.

LINK: http://digitalpaint.org/testwiki1/pb2wiki.php?word=Commands+and+Settings

**NOTE: You CAN edit the commands on the wiki website. The ones listed for you are just the defaults.**

| Basic Client Commands |
The basic commands like dropping guns, joining teams, etc.

Some examples:
dropgun - Drops your current weapon if you have something besides PGP. Default bind: 1
me - Like say, but without the ":". ("Player1 has the flag!" instead of "Player1: has the flag!")
join - Used to join teams. ("join red" "join observer", or "join r" "join o")
say - Sends a message to other players. (say Player1 has the flag!) Default bind: t
say_team - Sends a message to other players. (say_team Player1 has the flag!) Default bind: y

| Advanced Client Commands |
Just a little bit more in depth than the basic client commands.

Some examples:
wave - Makes the player's model 'wave'. (wave 1 = model will salute)
kill - Kills yourself. Server must have 'debug3' on for this command to work.
funname - Changes your current name. (funname Player2)
chasemode - The view you see when chasing a player. (Click to toggle view: Chase Cam, Free Rotate, and In-Eye Cam) Default bind: p
votemap - Places a vote for a map and optionally a game mode. (votemap propaint1 ctf)

| Admin Commands |
Server administrator commands. If you do not have a server you do not need to know this stuff.

Some examples:
cvar_set - Sets a cvar (client variable) on the server. Can also be used to unset a variable if the variable is "unset". ("cvar_set sv_gravity 800", "cvar_set password unset")
expert - Switches to expert mode, where all weapons are the same. (PGP Only: "expert 8")
newmap - Switches the map. (newmap airtime ctf)
login - Used to gain operator status on a server. (login thisisthepassword)
tban - This temporarily bans a specified client for a specified number of minutes. ("tban 3 999" - This would ban Player #3 for 999 minutes) Maximum temp-ban time: 999 minutes

| Basic Server Commands |
If you run a server, you need to know this stuff.

Some examples:
elim - Time [in seconds] players stay eliminated before reentering the game. When set to 0, they stay eliminated until the round is over. Default: 60
fraglimit - Number of points a team must reach to win the map. Default: 50
timelimit - Time [in minutes] before the map ends. Default: 20
ffire - Friendly fire. When enabled [1], paintballs can kill teammates. Default: 0
grenadeffire - Grenade friendly fire. When enabled [1], paint grenades can kill teammates. Default: 1

| Advanced Server Commands |
Just a little bit more in depth than the server commands.

Some examples:
ball_life - Time [in seconds] balls exist in the world before being removed. If this is set to 0, then there's no balls. Default: 2
bouncy - If activated, balls will bounce off anything but players! Default: 0
floodprotect - Protects the server from spamming, cursing, etc. Default: 1
guntemp_inc - The number the bar increases per shot. Default: 11 (Set to 0 to disable)
guntemp_dec - The number the bar decreases per frame.  Default: 4 (Set to 0 to disable)

Enjoy! Use them well! ;D

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: Client / Admin / Server Commands
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »
Very useful, especially if you're new to running servers. Good work!

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 12:00:52 AM »
thanks a lot, I found some I didnt even know that they were existing!

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 08:47:37 AM »
Posted it to the wrong wiki.  I think registrations are still closed on the new one though...  If I remember I will copy it over to the new one.  Can't do it now because work firewall is blocking both wikis =/.   wiki.digitalpaint.org

Hmm maybe we need a temporary section on the forums for people to submit wiki articles until jitspoe re-activates registrations.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 09:01:21 AM »
Hmm maybe we need a temporary section on the forums for people to submit wiki articles until jitspoe re-activates registrations.
Here is better idea: Tell jitspoe to work on it. He can't be lazy forever, he needs to set up full wiki finally, and all delay between "test" and "full" only made things harder (who has last version of database without spam, etc.etc.). Being lazy doesn't pay off.
And yes, on this feature jitspoe was lazy as he possibly could be. He could set it up easily, but he made it harder for himself.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 09:12:43 AM »
Here is better idea: Tell jitspoe to work on it. He can't be lazy forever, he needs to set up full wiki finally, and all delay between "test" and "full" only made things harder (who has last version of database without spam, etc.etc.). Being lazy doesn't pay off.
And yes, on this feature jitspoe was lazy as he possibly could be. He could set it up easily, but he made it harder for himself.

Yeah I'm not even sure what else he wants to do with it...  I copied everything from the old wiki over to the new one.  I'm not going to do the whole thing myself.. and the whole point of a wiki is to have many people contributing.

Jitspoe:  We need registrations to be opened again.  There must be some permissions built into the wiki to allow only specific users to modify documents.  You could make a few people "admins" with the power to grant people editing access.  Then people can register accounts and maybe post in a thread requesting permission to edit the wiki. 
Also I think the old wiki should just be deleted to avoid confusion.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
[Feature Request] Better DP Wiki
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »
We need the wiki again! It'd make so many things easier to find!

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 07:16:57 PM »
It seems jitspoe doesn't have a lot of spare time on his hands. But a wiki does sound like a good feature request to make, especially to find useful information like these commands.

EDIT: In the mean time, it would be nice for players to be able to know these commands, all in one place. I (along, with lots of other people) would sure appreciate a sticky to this topic until the DP Wiki is fixed.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:48:21 AM by LaZeRs »

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 03:11:08 PM »
Yay!!! I know how to wave now.

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 07:15:28 PM »
I dont know what's so new about that. Simply click on "Documentation", scroll down and you will find all of them...

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 10:46:54 PM »
It's a good list, though I wouldn't say that these are pretty much all the commands. This just looks like a nicer presented version of this with less commands.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 11:41:09 PM »
It's a good list, though I wouldn't say that these are pretty much all the commands. This just looks like a nicer presented version of this with less commands.
Well, there's links to each section. I tried to do ALL the commands, but it told me I have exceeded the maximum number of characters in a post.
Anyway, you can always edit them when viewing them, so you can add more commands to your list.