Author Topic: #sPec# vs >o.O< || 1:2  (Read 1851 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
#sPec# vs >o.O< || 1:2
« on: March 19, 2014, 04:23:47 PM »
Had a great match against >o.O< Feel free to watch it if you like, >o.O< played very well and we did better than we thought we would.

http://www.twitch.tv/jordanmrichards/c/3917547

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: #sPec# vs >o.O< || 1:2
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 08:47:45 PM »
lol you stream? Never knew. Pretty good quality watching over the VOD - and I like hearing a team communicate more so than listening to commentating.

After watching it over.... I wish more teams took it as serious as you guys do. The excitement after winning a round, trying to figure out how to improve when behind, even when losing trying to set "goals" of pts to reach (i.e. on pforest trying to get 20pts) - rather than giving up thinking you can't win. Gotta applaud you for that. I wish we took it serious like that, but sadly in the current state we just joke around and troll.

But, after seeing that - if any of you 3 want any tips on gameplay and stuff feel free to MSG me on IRC and I'll go out of my way to help. It's nice to see a team treat this game competitively, and that's something thats worth spending my time helping.

PS: You guys focus too much on talking about who you're against (The amount of times you guys mention: "myers is good" or 'tini is good" or "jigz is ok" - is too often). Just play like its against anyone. The only reason the opponents name should come into your mind is when thinking about how they play. (The majority of DP has already been predictable. When we used to match CC we could tell you before going into the match what map they will pick, where each player will be, and that it'd be a 2-0 win ;)   --- but "lesser' players often let someones "name' get in their head causing them to play worse.

PPS - Tini isn't really good. Don't boost his ego, he already self-proclaims himself top 3 when I didn't even want him in the roster. He uses left hand.

LASTLY - Don't use a hand script - it just makes your aim random. You'll hit some fluke shots, but your aim will be inconsistent. Some games it'll be on point, some you won't hit anything. Just put it on one setting (I recommend centre) and control everything. You can have hand binds for creeping corners, but don't script. It's terrible for your aim.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 02:03:44 AM »
PS: You guys focus too much on talking about who you're against (The amount of times you guys mention: "myers is good" or 'tini is good" or "jigz is ok" - is too often). Just play like its against anyone. The only reason the opponents name should come into your mind is when thinking about how they play....
Yep , this is so true. If you think about who you are against, you will play worse than if it was against someone you never heard of. Basically you will try to outsmart when you really dont have to. Like trying to make plays going in 1v3 when all of your teammates are alive (not saying that you did, just an example, havent watched the stream yet)

LASTLY - Don't use a hand script - it just makes your aim random. You'll hit some fluke shots, but your aim will be inconsistent. Some games it'll be on point, some you won't hit anything. Just put it on one setting (I recommend centre) and control everything. You can have hand binds for creeping corners, but don't script. It's terrible for your aim.
Yep, again agreed. Altho it will be pretty frustrating if you switch to manual, because you wont be able to hit as well as you could before, it will improve with time and you will get much better control over your game (eg. line on woblude from hill to sewers, you have better chance hitting using left hand (is it true eh? :D), than right hand)

Also, i prefer using cl_gun 0 so there is nothing distracting me when i switch hands. And with some practice, you can tell what gun you have (thats why i shoot every start of a round), i can pretty much tell which gun i have even without sound, but thats not 100% ^^

One more thing i noticed (havent watched the whole stream just few mins, i am at univ and cant really watch the whole thing), is that you push your advantage too hard.
On carp, you got kill on someone who was at ice entrance and you tried moving forward to get another kill and you died for nothing pretty much. You should have just lined, recon your teammates that the enemy is ice entrance and you have just 1 more enemy to take care of. If your other 2 mates can actually kill the other one, you have perfect control over the whole round, now you can organize your flag grabs. If he rushes you to ice (as he should) you need to recognize it as soon as you notice his line stopped/moved close to you and run away. This rush would allow your mate/mates to grab 2nd flag effectively, while he is out of position.
Of course, if you got that kill on ice entrance it would allow you to rush for 1st flag and probably even get it, but as i said, its too greedy, the above is much safer play. Also, because if your mates fail to kill the other one, you can just rush the one at ice entrance and get a fair 1v1, while if you die the way you did, you give the spot you were in (chance to get 1v2/1v3 to get the flag) over to your opponents.

Ye ik, i am focusing too much on one mistake, but take just the general idea, thats how you should think when playing against serious teams.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 05:15:40 AM »
I think we all use manual scripts for hand actually, I know I do, but I haven't checked with JMR in a while he gave me the script for it in the first place, I think the issue is not being able to use it properly

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 10:04:13 AM »
The talking about your opponents will lower your chances of winning more than increase it. (Everyone's done it, everyone's been against someone better before).

You'll obviously talk about it sometimes, ie whenever I split teams with Shk to try to make more competition, when against him my focus is always killing him and taking advantage of his team. But, saying "myers is good - tini is good" - that's different. That's just continually reminding yourselves we're better than you. It will often make you overthink what you're doing. (Increases the pressure, causes you to over think rather than just playing, causes you to play worse).

FRAMEWORK (Based on gameplay) - Really not fun if you're not a good jumper (Jigz couldn't do excrement other than camp) -- well good in trick jumping. Maybe once I took the time to learn it, then it'd be fun... but when you don't know the map you're stuck going into the mid which only plays well for using trick jumps. But it was a different style of map, which really gives ping advantage (a lot of corners/corridors where you turn a corner and instantly see someone). --- But for a different style of map it is good, and a team that knows it and can control mid will always win. Overall, it's a good map - visually looks good - but not fun at all when you don't know the map because you're stuck going the same path for a while.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 12:41:21 PM »
I do agree about thinking of your opposition as better than you is bad. I saw a study that one of the reasons that the USA is so good at sport is because everyone is an optimist over there- they all think that they are the best so they arent intimidated by other teams. We need to stop being so English ;)