Author Topic: #sPec# Summer Tournaments - Today is the day!  (Read 1642 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
#sPec# Summer Tournaments - Today is the day!
« on: August 16, 2014, 07:11:16 AM »
NOTE: This is a news article posted for http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com/tournaments.php?news

Hello everyone!

Today is the day, all of us active competitors have been waiting for. Today, is the first tournament of the #sPec# Summer Tournaments 2014!

I do not know about you, but I am rather excited. My team have been practicing, we're all hyped up and ready to go.

For some, tournaments do not mean much at a glance. But when you are about to start your first match, knowing that everything will be logged and you will be judged based on your performance, that is when the adrenaline kicks in. That is when, true competition forms.

So for all you competitive players out there, today is the day, that we actually get a glimpse of what is in store for weeks to come.

Today at 6pm BST, (7pm CEST), the first tournament of the series will kickstart, teams will join the servers and start eliminating maps.

Before this, however, I need to know who is definitely playing today. As many of you have known, you can sign up without actually playing all of the tournaments. So please try to get on teamspeak3; Address: otb-server.de, Channel: "The Lobby" inside of the "#sPec# Tournaments" channel.

PLEASE NOTE: If you actually want player stats to be accessible you MUST take screenshots of your matches and them upload them. You can use a website like http://imgur.com/ to easily upload an image, then just right click and copy the image url. Send this URL to me in teamspeak. The tournament will not run correctly if no one takes any screenshots. Try to get there at least 30 minutes before the tournament starts, so I can update the brackets.

Everyone should stay inside the lobby until your match actually starts. When your match starts you can join your team channel, then once your match ends, you should join straight back into the Lobby. This way, everyone will be able to keep up to date with what is going on.

At the end of the tournaments, I will gather everyone into the lobby and I will congratulate the winner. If you are not a sour loser, I recommend giving a round of applause for the winning team at this point.

If you have any questions during the tournament, feel free to message me or one of my team members.
Do not forget to send me the scores and screenshots.

I highly look forward to this event.

See you soon!
-JMR

[You can view the current brackets here: http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com/tournaments.php?brackets]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 07:40:07 AM by JMR »

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: #sPec# Summer Tournaments - Today is the day!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 09:04:44 AM »
Two hours to go and we have quite a few people waiting already!

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »
GG WP ERRONE.

Whatevz, hardly losing while on EU server and we don't play anymore. I suppose this means we gotta start tryin for the next tournaments.

Glad to see some participation, and see yall next tournament.

EDIT:  "Joseph Goebbels": you gotta take into account that you started 3days ago and eu ping -----> We weren't good enough, simple as that. We'll be the best again.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:39:52 PM by MyeRs »

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 04:53:31 PM »

thanks for the tourney, it was awesome :)