Author Topic: You guys improved  (Read 3926 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
You guys improved
« on: August 16, 2014, 02:38:48 PM »
After losing in the most recent tournament, and our first time not making it to the finals in a tournament in our history we have come to a realization....

You guys improved.

We could use the ping excuse, but we used to stomp everyone regardless of the server. We would win with high or low ping like it was nothing. It's our play that dropped.

After long inactivity we lack the skill to consistently win as an NA team against euros on EU servers. Even though we can still win more than we lose, that's not good enough. We've always been the best, and we're going to have to prove it again.

So we'll be playing actively, keeping a record to increase competitiveness, using IRC to get matches (and TS3), and trying to prove we're the top team again. Unlike other older teams who "claim" to be the best everytime from their history, we're going to prove it once again.

Congratulations on improving, we'll be looking forward to getting back into the ability to stomp even on european servers.

Time to be the best, again. Not giving up the thrown. We've been the best for a long time, and we'll be the best till the game dies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adppGRMryZU&list=UUzSHiay7oGhmFk51-2O_SPA

http://www.globalgamers.net/league/index.php?l=1&s=1&mod=stats&view=players

We look forward to every and all matches. Have a nice day.

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
Re: You guys improved
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 02:45:08 PM »
Even if I only watched, thanks for the kind words. Its really nice to hear that from you guys.

PaNCaKeS

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 03:23:07 PM »
I'm considering coming back if NA peeps play but where did you get those textures you have in that vid? On an unrelated note I love how I used to capitalize my name lols.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »
NA doesn't play, we only play on EU server vs Europeans. The few NA teams that play are really bad. Europeans are more competitive/talented, plus high ping adds some difficulty to play. It's like playing a video game on legendary instead of easy.

So, if you want to come back be prepared to find a team that plays day times / vs europeans. Unless somehow you find a way of reviving the NA scene...

PaNCaKeS

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 04:10:58 PM »
Well based on the serverbrower I only ping 90-ish to the sPec tourney servers which isn't too too bad, so I ain't too worried there. But yeah as reviving the NA scene I'm probably not the guy to look to, haven't really kept in touch with anyone but i would have loved to bring back sI if I could lol

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 04:52:49 PM »
PS:

Today we saw how active the game could be. We had 20 people in the server watching a 3v3. 20 people. 5 other groups of 3. And that's while other 3v3's were going on. There were about 20-40 people online at once JUST FROM THE COMPETITIVE SCENE. Now, assuming 1 out of every 3 of those people can bring a friend back. And assume there were some people who couldn't make the tournament (ie DaRk). Look how many people there can be? People want competitive events to come back for that, and the game itself wont do that, so the community needs to.

We can't all commit to Saturday events, cause people work/school/social. So with that many people, teams should go back to IRC (Easiest way to have EVERYONE in a spot to get matches), teams should have records again (increases competitiveness by caring if you win/lose). Small things will increase competitiveness. And the turn out in a tournament shows people want that competitiveness. They don't play like that daily. So, make daily more competitive and maybe the activity grows. If some teams start doing this, more will slowly follow. IRC was a given when I started, the pressure to get it caused everyone to use it. It only takes a few to do it, people will follow.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 10:46:44 PM »
Should've subbed someone for Clipz tbh.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 02:31:51 PM »
It would be kind of fancy to include a possibilty to join match servers without password, but only allowing spectating. I think that it's quite frustrating for newbes that they can't join all the servers, which they might not understand. But if they see a competitive match they might get curious about the matching scene. Can you follow me there?

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 06:19:54 PM »
I don't think that would happen unless someone codes a system to have a password to join a team color.

No newb will ever want to watch anyways and would rather play.

@rick I didn't even play.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 07:23:09 PM »
@rick I didn't even play.
Exactly.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 08:28:45 PM »

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 11:44:23 PM »
Exactly.
Oh I missinterperated the way you said it. I completely agree 100%!

Sporti

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 08:30:24 AM »
I think IRC is the most important part to get some old player. -> maybe some matches