Author Topic: shooting through materials  (Read 2177 times)

shockk

• 68 Carbine
shooting through materials
« on: November 26, 2014, 12:22:32 AM »
Is it possible to create a wall for example that is able to be shot through in one direction, and not penetrable when shooting through the other way?

same for a flloor, being able to shoot upwards through it but not downwards thru it?
I've seen this type ^ on peoy's pgp map (battlefield?) and am wondering what the limits are with being able to make something one sided

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: shooting through materials
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 01:30:56 AM »
Skip attribute with transparency of some sort on one side, solid attribute on the other.  The skip attribute made the brush a hell of a lot bigger than I had it in BSP for some reason, but it sort of does what you're asking, just have to play with it a little.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 02:01:52 AM »
to be honest, Cam I have no clue how to use bsp
I only ask cause I'm coming up with a map concept and some drawings and am wondering if someone here would build it for me in bsp :P

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 02:04:00 AM »
but would it be possible to have a regular wall say, that is shootable thru one side, and not the other?

what about visibility?

could i make one side of a wall be visibly see through and shootable thru, yet the other side is unshootable and not see through?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 04:14:31 AM »
Yeah just make one side transparent, and the other not.  Also noticed that you can walk through a brush with skip, so you would have to clip brush around it so you cant walk through, but can still see and shoot.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 08:44:31 AM »
It has to do with the texture flags, I haven't mapped in so long that I can't remember the exact ones. Try googling it.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 08:23:41 PM »
For the chainlink texture, it uses the mist flag to make it able to be shot through, and I think not walkable. Apply the whole brush to not have a mist flag, then add the mist flag to a single face. If it's walkable just add a clip.