Author Topic: [REQ TO JITSPOE] REMOVE TROLL POSTS FROM TOURNAMENT THREAD AND UNLOCK  (Read 2868 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Putting it here because it's related to the tournament thread that was recently spammed by l3vi/knuddle/neo

Please remove all their posts (if possible make it so they can't post in the thread - none of them are participating so it has no relevance to them. They simply read it and spammed it).

We want to have a successful tournament, Gonass is putting his time and effort into it, and he should at least get to use his thread.

Thanks

(Not sure if Gonass locked it to prevent spam, or Jitspoe did, regardless something needs to be fixed before some people who aren't even participating ruin the thread more)

I don't understand the need to post in a thread about a tournament you aren't playing in. Is your post count that important?

gonass

• 68 Carbine
Re: [REQ TO JITSPOE] REMOVE TROLL POSTS FROM TOURNAMENT THREAD AND UNLOCK
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 09:54:18 PM »
I locked it.  It was just getting out of hand.  These things happen on the internet.

Hopefully there's no newbs out there that want to participate but don't know what I mean by PM me.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 09:57:42 PM »
Maybe make a new post (LOCK INSTANTLY, ONLY UNLOCK TO BUMP) saying: "Any other teams wishing to participate in the Holiday Tournament send me a forum MSG with the following details 'team name, roster etc.'

And that way you just have that thread continually updated, just writing "bumped" when you need to get it viewed, then locking it again. Only you would get to post, so its only relevant. Or even better, keep it locked - but Jitspoe Stickies it so it stays on top. That way everyone can easily find it, and you update it as updates are necessary.

Then there can be a separate thread for discussion, which you can choose to ignore or read when you have time. But when people need to find information, they don't need to check the 10 page thread, they just click the single post of all information, that is stickied/locked.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 10:02:13 PM »
Maybe make a new post (LOCK INSTANTLY, ONLY UNLOCK TO BUMP) saying: "Any other teams wishing to participate in the Holiday Tournament send me a forum MSG with the following details 'team name, roster etc.'

And that way you just have that thread continually updated, just writing "bumped" when you need to get it viewed, then locking it again. Only you would get to post, so its only relevant. Or even better, keep it locked - but Jitspoe Stickies it so it stays on top. That way everyone can easily find it, and you update it as updates are necessary.

Then there can be a separate thread for discussion, which you can choose to ignore or read when you have time. But when people need to find information, they don't need to check the 10 page thread, they just click the single post of all information, that is stickied/locked.

I've been keeping the other thread continually updated already.  There's just no guarantee of non-relevant posts as long as you let people post.

I did add a line to the top saying to PM me, if you didn't already notice.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 11:32:11 AM »
Just to let you know: there is a "report-to-moderator-button" next to every post. Jitspoe will probably find your request way quicker by using that option.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 11:39:01 AM »
Well aware Jimmy, both were done (topic and report). But wanted it public.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 12:22:31 PM »
aight, never mind my comment.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 07:31:26 PM »
Mad props to Jits or whomever cleaned it up and unlocked it.