Author Topic: Custom texture wrong size scaling in BSP  (Read 2875 times)

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
Custom texture wrong size scaling in BSP
« on: January 22, 2015, 05:49:12 PM »
Hi,
I'm trying to make my own textures, and if some cases It's not importart to have exact texture size in BSP = ingame texture now I need it.

Than I make evrything with tutorial I found with GIMP an dWally I get something in BSP like this:

How you can see colors sux. I don't knwo why. I imported pallete etc, but nothing change. Ok still it can be usable. I align texture that picture is the same size as block. In BSP it looks perfect but in game it looks like this:

God, why? :(

Anybody can help me with this? Texture size is 512x512. Mayby I should make texture with wally size 64x64 than just add hires texture in game texture folder?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Custom texture wrong size scaling in BSP
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 06:46:53 PM »
If you're using the texture in the hr4 directory, the .wal version should be 1/4 the size of that texture.

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 03:03:32 AM »
Oh, well yes. I use it in hr4 directory :D Never thought it's diffrence... But yeah, that works! Thank you very much. I know it will be easy...

Hmm, and mayby second question:
-Why .wal texture colors in BSP are diffrent from the original? I thought that I make evrything good with this palette color etc, but alwayes wal texture comes with this blue-yellow colours. In wally evrything looks good, just after export to .wal evrything change for worse :P

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 04:29:20 AM »
Hmm, and mayby second question:
-Why .wal texture colors in BSP are diffrent from the original? I thought that I make evrything good with this palette color etc, but alwayes wal texture comes with this blue-yellow colours. In wally evrything looks good, just after export to .wal evrything change for worse :P
Well, you can simply edit the pic in wally, they dont have to be the same. Not sure why wally/bsp does that.

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 05:13:11 AM »
Can't because in wally everything look fine :D

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 07:25:25 AM »
Use Wally or paint and just resize the texture till it fits

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 07:02:51 PM »
Are you certain you loaded the Paintball2 palette in Wally?  It looks like it's using the Quake2 palette.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 01:10:09 AM »
Well I use quark remember :p it loads the quake2 version of Dp textures.