Author Topic: Language Files  (Read 1075 times)

toM|vendettA

• 68 Carbine
Language Files
« on: July 30, 2006, 09:37:17 AM »
Pre-Build 16 jitspoe made a post showing off his language files and how to create them. Shortly after that I made my own, however I could not use it because B16 was not out yet. I have created a lang file that replaces most/all curses with stupid stuff, kinda like on the dp forums. The main reason for doing this is because my younger sister has taken interest* in the game, and I want to make sure that she doesnt learn any new words while playing :) My language file isnt working, so I assume I have it in the wrong directory.

Where exactly should the .lang files be placed, and is there any ingame command that I need to type?

*By taken interest in the game I mean she runs around maps and trys to paint pictures. Which leads me to another question, is there a way to stop paint from fading? Paint drawings fade rather quickly :P

Cobo

• Autococker
Re: Language Files
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 11:02:02 AM »
I wouldnt know about the language files, but the paint fading i do.
There is a variable called splattime, you just go to the console and type: splattime <number_here>
I think you can put any number you want, but there is a limit, so if you put like "splattime 10000000000" the number might get shortened.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Language Files
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 12:38:58 PM »
The language files don't actually modify the text people type.  They only for game messages.