Author Topic: New map: Octarena  (Read 915 times)

CombineS

• PGP
New map: Octarena
« on: June 19, 2021, 08:16:08 AM »
Silly map idea i got while i was drinking a nectarine juice in a octagonal shaped glass

Octarena is a KOTH map i made just for fun.

2 teams: RED and BLUE.
1 Hill Flag.
9 spawn points each base.
Starts with: 7oz loaded, 40 ammo and low tier guns.
Items: all over the place.
4 ramps to jump into the top of the hill.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: New map: Octarena
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 09:21:08 AM »
Looking forward to playing this today!  I'll give you some feedback after we play it.

3lf

• Map Committee
  • VM-68
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 03:40:48 AM »
Where is the download button?
*angry boomer noises *

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 10:04:11 PM »
As I feared, the spawn rooms are very susceptible to spawn camping.  Here's a rough MSPaint diagram showing the current problems and some suggestions to fix it.  These are just ideas.

Key things:
- Block line of sight from the hill to the spawn exits.  You have a lot of bunkers and stuff around, but they're not oriented to block that line of sight.  Some stuff could just be moved around and reoriented to help a lot.
- More spawn points in general -- might want to spread these out across half the map.
- Might also consider making the map a bit larger, too.  It seemed a lot smaller when actually playing.  That would give more room for larger spawn areas.

Other ideas:
- Add more cover within the spawn rooms themselves, so it's not so easy for somebody to just see and shoot people before they spawn (not sure if that's a good idea or if there's even room for that without making it too cluttered).
- Add/continue 2nd story area for extended spawn base so players can shoot into hill from their base.  Could also put more spawn points up there to reduce spawn camping.