Author Topic: definition of speed/public maps  (Read 3112 times)

ulappen

• PGP
definition of speed/public maps
« on: November 06, 2016, 05:39:02 AM »
hi, what do you think, why is a public map a public map and why ist a Speed map, what need to be Speed or public?
And when is a matchingmap a matchingmap.

hi, was denkt ihr wann ist einen public eine public map und wann eine Speed? was braucht es um eine Speed oder public zu sein. und wann ist eine matchmap eine matchmap?

Foxhound

• Autococker
Re: definition of speed/public maps
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 10:39:43 AM »

It has nothing to do with the map, just the server settings.

Yes, some maps are better suited for speed server settings.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 02:31:22 PM »
public server, same as match settings i.e. 60s respawn. Speed server anything below 60s respawn 30s, 15s but usually 4s

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 11:53:11 AM »
He is asking which features a map needs to be a favor map for a speed-server or for a pub-server. Like mapsize, jumps, lines etc.

In my opinion a speed-map should be pretty big with many jumps and ways where you can gain a lot of speed (huehuesuchcoincidence).
Public-maps should be medium-sized to small, so the rounds wont take ages. Thinking of two newbies in each others base, waiting for the opponent to come out while you cant do anything but watching them and seeing your respawn-timer ticking down for a minute.

ulappen

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 03:13:42 AM »
ty, zenit, somebody else ideas too?

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 02:16:58 PM »

It has nothing to do with the map, just the server settings.

Yes, some maps are better suited for speed server settings.
public server, same as match settings i.e. 60s respawn. Speed server anything below 60s respawn 30s, 15s but usually 4s

ulappen

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 02:10:13 AM »
 i know, but so many of you say often: this map is bad for Speed or this is no matching map, Or this is no pgp-map. then have to exist a Definition, without you cant say its not a matchingmap.

and if you cant say maybe normally is a speedmap so or so, like Long strafes, no nice camppositions or something.

i thought, Speed maps are for strafing Long ways fastness and public are with camppositions possible you have to sneak more, because you have more time to opponents spawning.
because Fairness spawntime, and ways, weaopns.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 08:17:10 AM »
You thought wrong.
It's all up to you.