Author Topic: Visual Update: Blitz  (Read 3625 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: Visual Update: Blitz
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 09:26:17 AM »
@Redguy: I do not think this is the right thread to post that - considering I posted proof of Blitz giving me APPROVAL to remake this (not sure if Jitspoe was given approval? did not ask but assume he did too) - so I am not taking some random map and remaking. I am given full approval from the one who made it - to remake this.

Further, I renamed the map to 2020Blitz and did not actually attempt to overwrite on mine.

Probably should start another thread for that topic if it is something that bothers you - let's keep this thread on the map remake at hand. 

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Visual Update: Blitz
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2020, 02:33:42 AM »
There are already like 10 variations of blitz floating around.  I'd prefer that we deleted all these (or moved them to a subdirectory) and just have 1.  In my opinion, they're not "different" maps.  They're the same map with a fresh coat of paint.  If somebody wants to load the map, they just type "newmap blitz" and don't have to be like, "Uh, what was it? blitz_remake_jits_2020_v8.bsp?"  I don't really see a reason to keep the old one around other than for nostalgia.  If you have something you prefer about the original that you'd like to see changed, let me know.  The problem is there are a lot of old, poorly constructed maps that clutter up the maps directory.  If you download a map pack from ic3y/OTB, about 75% of the maps vary from completely unplayable to "yuck".  I'd really like to see things cleaned up a bit and improved.  Kind of like what they've done with Counter-Strike.  Same maps but with visual facelifts over the years.