Author Topic: Beta map: Rejected  (Read 798 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Beta map: Rejected
« on: June 27, 2021, 10:35:13 PM »
I couldn't find a topic for this map, and I'm not sure if flow will ever check the forums, but I figured it would be good to start a thread for feedback.  People seem to like the map, and it would be nice to move it out of beta.

I believe rejected_b2 is the latest beta: https://dplogin.com/files/maps/beta/rejected_b2.bsp

Screenshots:

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Beta map: Rejected
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 10:40:55 PM »
My feedback:

- The ice area is somewhat inconsistent.  Sometimes you can move right next to the wall and not slow down, and sometimes you unexpectedly stop.  I'd make the slick surface go all the way to the wall and/or move it up a bit above the dirt so the slick behavior is more consistent.  Since the ice and dirt are flush with each other, sometimes the engine picks the non-slick surface in the same area, making it inconsistent.
- Would be nice to have some more accessible paths for new players, like a ladder next to the ice area for people that can't do the ice jump, and maybe reduce the zigzangs and streamline the walking path between flags to not punish slow players even more.
- A lot of barrel textures are misaligned, and some wood textures could stand to be rotated.

Edit: Also, if there's already a thread for this, please link it.  The search functionality kind of broke when I migrated the forums.