Author Topic: .flv to .avi  (Read 1869 times)

skitzo

• Autococker
.flv to .avi
« on: March 03, 2010, 02:26:37 PM »
I'm looking for a pretty nice .flv to .avi file converter. I'm trying to make a skate2 montage and the site where you can upload clips only allows you to download in the .flv format and Vegas doesn't recognize it. Viciouz suggested Super(c) which I tried and it freezes my computer up when I try to run it after installing it. The current converter I have can only take it to .mpg and always screws up the sound on the clips. If anyone has a good converter for those formats or a possible fix to my freezing problem it would be greatly appreciated.

(BTW I'm running Windows Vista 64-bit if that helps anyone in solving the freezing problem.)

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: .flv to .avi
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 03:54:16 PM »
http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

That's what I use when I need to transcode something.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 04:14:08 PM »
http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

That's what I use when I need to transcode something.

I had a look at the wiki for that, it didn't look like it supported FLV but I might be wrong.

Another program I have used in the past is MediaCoder, you might want to try that - the interface can get confusing at times but it's another good chance.

http://www.mediacoderhq.com/

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 08:20:14 PM »
I just appended and transcoded three flv files with avidemux yesterday.  It works with them.  :P

Edit:  You might need some extra codecs installed though (ffmpeg stuff).

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 10:33:41 PM »
I know this might sound stupid but can someone explain to me exactly how to use avidemux?

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 12:08:20 AM »
Pazera Free FLV to AVI Converter

This is the one I use on a Win7 64-bit. Works quite well (might have to tweak the settings a bit, but that's all). No crashing/freezing.

For fun, I sometimes download relevant YouTube clips and smash them into a mini-movie. My video editor won't take .flv files but will take .avi files. This gets the job done nicely.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 12:19:26 AM »
Fixed my post. Thanks man.

I should really develop a habit to test links right after posting.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 05:41:09 PM »
Pazera Free FLV to AVI Converter

This is the one I use on a Win7 64-bit. Works quite well (might have to tweak the settings a bit, but that's all). No crashing/freezing.

For fun, I sometimes download relevant YouTube clips and smash them into a mini-movie. My video editor won't take .flv files but will take .avi files. This gets the job done nicely.

can you save your config and send it to me? every time I try that program it tells me the clips aren't compatible for Sony Vegas.

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 12:52:08 AM »
I don't really know how to save a config, but try this: On the lower right, click the MPG button instead of the AVI button. The output file will still be a .avi .

Also, I use Pinnacle / Avid, so I don't know much about compatibility with Vegas.