Author Topic: Sick of Those Painty Numbers? Look No Further...  (Read 9911 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Sick of Those Painty Numbers? Look No Further...
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2006, 12:35:25 PM »
[14:29 PM] <+lords8n> whatever...you people floor me...you have no grasp of reality...funny how people even survive life. <-- can you really diagnose that over the internet?

How could we not see this!? He's right, we're all lifeless morons... :'(

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2006, 12:41:58 PM »
know this has nothing to do with what you are talking about now, came a little late but...

these are the files for the original red painty numbers

toM|vendettA

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2006, 06:27:33 PM »
Thanks smackwaters. This will be good for people who want to change back to the default numbers.

toM|vendettA

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2006, 06:33:16 PM »
I'm really amazed that none of you think being able to see your score or ammo better than the next person is not considered an unfair advantage, however small of one it may be. Ammo and score are crucial items that can make or break a close match.

Just the split second it takes to have to squint to see the score, verses seeing you scroe easily because you have these gleaming neon numbers that a blind man could see through the back of his head, could make a difference. Out of the corner of my eye my neon numbers tell me I must cap being down by 3 instead of kill...I don't have to make an effort to look over there, the numbers are bright enough to see easily out of the corner of my eye.

Say i've been in a recent fight. Recon tells me more are coming my way. I'm thinking fast on getting into position to have an advantage. My gleaming numbers tell me i'm down to 20 paintballs...MOTHER OF GOD...I better create more distance between me and the incoming enemy so I can reload some paintballs.

There is no denying it's an unfair advantage. It may seem like an insignificant one to all of you, but it is one, none the less. More so than custom crosshairs, which are also.

You can deny it all you want. Or brush it off, or turn you back to it, but it is an unfair advantage. I'll use them, hell yeah. They're the same as any other skin/model modification to me. I'll use them all and still suck, but that's beyond the point.

the fact of the matter is that these are not neon numbers.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2006, 07:54:33 PM »
I find some of them more difficult to read than the standard HUD, actually.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2006, 12:19:50 AM »
the blue ones are alil harder to see than the yellow ones i use the blue ones though...

toM|vendettA

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2006, 11:39:21 PM »
bumping this for pyro's lazy ass. sry. also if anyone has some good fonts, and good color schemes, tell me. and be SPECIFIC *ahem* spook *ahem*

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2006, 09:54:13 AM »
ahem how abouta black outline on numbers then dark blue inner outline then fill in the center with silver. hmmph

Bling

• Stingray
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2006, 12:32:21 PM »
I made a hud design but i don't think it went over well... I like this hud but, it's really bright and big and distracts me sometimes. I tried it but went back to the old hud.