Author Topic: prizes for turny's  (Read 2746 times)

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
prizes for turny's
« on: March 09, 2004, 12:59:23 AM »
hey what about real prizes for the turny's like winner gets a paintball mouse pad or somthing like that nothing worth alot but still somthing. and for you to play in the prize turny's you have to pitch in like $1 each thats pretty fair and you can name the prize after you get the $ and buy somthing thats that price. for the prize.  
i dont know im just thinking of ways that might get more players to play paintball

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: prizes for turny's
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 05:15:06 AM »
bad idea. that would completley kill off tourneys.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 03:13:55 PM »
im not saying all turnys
just like after fourthx gets so much $ the peeps that put some of that cash in there gets to play but i will not affect other turnys other turnys will still go on at planed just no awards or anything just for fun.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 03:34:07 PM »
Maybe when the community gets bigger, but I have the feeling that when cash gets involved, it'll bring out the worst in everyone.  It's "tourney," by the way.

FourthX

• Developer
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 04:04:49 PM »
prizes = dirty cheating. Besides if i charge money for tourn, no one will play and there won't be any money to buy a prize nor anyone to give it to. Besides how many mousepads does e33t need anyway. Still waiting for the giant killer to come along... :)

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 05:39:15 PM »
lol yea after thinking about it more i thought it would be better to not charge to play in the turny just have reg turnys and if peeps donate money after you have so much you can buy somthing with it (can be anything really a dvd movie even) then the peeps that gave the money can have a turny just them to see who wins the prize. so like if i put in $5 and 3 others put in $5 you use that $20 you buy somthing then us 4 have a turny to see who wins the prize.