Poll

Should I recommend DPBall for Digital Planet?

Yes
15 (88.2%)
No
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: November 13, 2006, 11:15:08 AM

Author Topic: DPBall On World Service  (Read 2115 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
DPBall On World Service
« on: November 08, 2006, 11:15:08 AM »
Recently I have been listening to BBC World Service for the sole reason I have no PC or TV in my room and nothing better to do. Every week they have a program called Digital World. Recently they have been covering online games, and have been asking people which games they like, and more importantly, about free games and the modification scene. Now I was wondering: Seeing as the community of this game is currently looking like a warzone of hackers, (very) few clans, and some rather "grammar ignorant" players, maybe we should introduce some fresh blood. This program, and also the station it is broadcast on, is generally not heard by people like (no offense) hellfire and vinne. Generally, the type of people who respond to the program are educated, coherent people. This would expand the community, with people from all over the world (it is a global service) who can speak English.

Now, please don't think I hate people like vinne or hellfire, but I think that the community could do with some more polite English speakers.

Phew.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 11:32:12 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:24:49 AM by P!nk »

coLa

• Autococker
Re: DPBall On World Service
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 01:23:57 PM »
Go FoR iT!!11!

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 01:32:46 PM »
I think it is an excellent idea ViCiOUS.  Hopefully they'll be interested and the PR certainly wouldn't hurt

Will you be contacting Digital World of BBC World Service to introduce or present this game or did you have someone else in mind?

postmortem

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 03:09:59 PM »
I'm always down for having more clans out there that [CC] can beat up on, so try and get in touch.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 03:31:24 PM »
foreal =]

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 03:33:22 PM »
sounds like a great idea

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 03:37:50 PM »
I dont' see how it could hurt. Though I am not sure that the goal should be to avoid certain types, but simply to get the word out.

As to clans we have a bit of a systemic problem at this point.

There are few good clans who match, are organized etc.

The usual way to get started in clans is to join a good clan and get some experience.

If there are few good clans with few spots, filled by the top players in many cases, there is no real room for clan growth.  There is no avenue for experience, and any existing clans will simply destroy newer ones.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 12:07:55 PM »
@PiCaSSo: I sent an e-mail to their "comments, feedback and ideas" section.

@m7feettall: When I said that about hellfire and vinne, It seems to have come across rather strongly. I didn't mean ignore them, I just meant don't let them fill the community.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 12:21:54 PM »
true, thats why i'm so proud of QeHs/rP :)

Killswitch

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 02:08:31 PM »
well? any responses out of it?

BLONDIE

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 09:19:23 AM »
I think it's a fantastic idea

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 10:37:52 AM »
The series has been offline for ages, it coming back on soon, but i'm not good at wrtiting letters and such, so if someone could do it for me? Honestly, I end up making blunt statements that are really annoying. Like this one.