Author Topic: Few server questions  (Read 1326 times)

namebrand

• PGP
Few server questions
« on: March 19, 2007, 12:25:27 AM »
First, sorry Jits to Xbain for all the PM,s I didnt realize you did the dirty work in forums. winks

k, I found inside the myserver.cfg, 2 different adresses for "setmaster". Is it only limited to those 2 or can I add more addresses?? Im trying fo figure out setmaster because im trying to troubleshoot my server, which is up, and people can connect to it, but it just doesnt wanna show up on the serverlist most of the time (for others). 

I did all the router settings properly both in 'virtual server' and 'port trigger' .....I dunno if that has to do with this but one thing I noticed is that when I connect to my own server as a client, it says my 192.168.etc. IP adress....but for the people I know who have connected to my server manually, the IP they HAVE to use is my external IP 66.222.245.41
Could this part of why my server doesnt wanna show up on the serverlist? im only barley scratching the surface at begginer networking as you can see but I think my server is coming along pretty efffin good so far...Ide like to learn more though....come by and jump a map! I hope thatll maybe encourage you to help me then get it on your serverlist!  :)
ps.minimal to no downloads other then maps and textures.

KiLo

• Autococker
Re: Few server questions
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 09:40:53 AM »
I can't answer your question for why it isn't showing up but I know why the IPs are showing up like they are.
When you connect to your own server it is 192.168.xxx.xxx because it it like you are running on a LAN even though you aren't. Other people have to use your external IP because that is the IP your computer is known as.

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 09:52:21 AM »

k, I found inside the myserver.cfg, 2 different adresses for "setmaster". Is it only limited to those 2 or can I add more addresses?? Im trying fo figure out setmaster because im trying to troubleshoot my server, which is up, and people can connect to it, but it just doesnt wanna show up on the serverlist most of the time (for others).

I did all the router settings properly both in 'virtual server' and 'port trigger' .....I dunno if that has to do with this but one thing I noticed is that when I connect to my own server as a client, it says my 192.168.etc. IP adress....but for the people I know who have connected to my server manually, the IP they HAVE to use is my external IP 66.222.245.41
Could this part of why my server doesnt wanna show up on the serverlist?

if you have opened the ports, and you are certain they are indeed the correct ones, then how about you revert back to your  default " myserver.cfg " , maybe something in there is wrong, when i ran my server, all i did was unblock it from my router and people could connect to me just fine...

don't you have to be added to the server list like before ?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 10:04:37 AM »
No you don't have to be added to the server list. When I started running the ]pS[ Clan Server, as soon as I forwarded my ports my server showed up on the list.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 02:02:35 PM »
Are you running the server in dedicated mode and is public set to 1?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 03:57:56 PM »
Are you running the server in dedicated mode and is public set to 1?

That's probably right, Jits.

Me and kNoC are overlooking the easy stuff and thinking too hard.