Author Topic: map idea. but i need hheellpp!!!!  (Read 4764 times)

ashkenaz

• VM-68
Re: map idea. but i need hheellpp!!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 06:37:24 PM »
im looking for a certain look so ill be snoopin for them. ack the stupid bsp loader gave 4 errors and after they were closed i couldn't open my texture directory. so it can't be finished till thats fixed [i hate doing that completly]

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 07:57:57 PM »
There are like 3 bark textures included with paintball2.  I'm not sure if any of them will work, but you might try them out.

ashkenaz

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 08:02:15 PM »
kk thanks, when the bsp is fixed ill check them out. im looking for a semi smooth looking bark texture [perferably dark brown] :P i ll get a new keyboard from the garage so i can type a few more keys [it broke like it can't type a capital k so ill look for that, fix the other thing and start building]  :D

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 08:51:17 PM »
There are like 3 bark textures included with paintball2.  I'm not sure if any of them will work, but you might try them out.

The community texture package is sitting at 5 right now, with hopes of doubling that.

Trees [...] with models, [...] won't have any collision detection. 

As you probably noticed, I'm really interested in the development of this game, and I noticed a while ago you did an analysis of pros and cons to a new map format, which coincided with the Quake 3 source releasal.  Honestly, do you think we'll ever have solid models?

Personally, I really believe in a paintball game like this it's probably one of the best things we could have in maps.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 09:37:33 PM »
Trees [...] with models, [...] won't have any collision detection. 

I've looked into that (kinda), and it could be roughly fixed with a 100% transparent brush. It would stop paintballs etc, but it wouldn't be able to have the same detail. Otherwise it would completely defeat the purpose of using models.

ashkenaz

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 08:52:49 AM »
good idea zorch i like your idea but it would be a pain to do the whole thing again

ashkenaz

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2007, 10:54:48 AM »
hey yootz i looked at the trees proof of concept post im thinking of using that for some of my ideas   ;}

ashkenaz

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2007, 05:10:29 PM »
ok guys i got a new idea just for kicks it will have a disco type place at top so im thinking how do you make a light that spins because im thinking of having a disco light and floor lights changing colors, stuff like that

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2007, 07:08:34 PM »
ok guys i got a new idea just for kicks it will have a disco type place at top so im thinking how do you make a light that spins because im thinking of having a disco light and floor lights changing colors, stuff like that

For this idea look at the map cosmic3.