Author Topic: A question considering clanwars  (Read 2531 times)

LAN@wasted

• PGP
A question considering clanwars
« on: November 07, 2004, 12:50:26 AM »
Are there certain rules what a clanwar should look like? Because I just have a problem with what some clans do...

In my opinion a Clanwar should look like this:
- Both teams have the same amount of players
- The maps are played to 50 points or until the time is up
- Each team can choose 1 map, so there is a total of 2 maps to be played. If both teams win a map (tie score), then there should be  a tie-map, that all parties have to agree on

My problem is the following: several clans (TU, CBK) finished their map (of course they won them, wouldnt be "their" map if they didnt...) and then left. That stinks, doesnt it? Now they can brag about beating us, tho they are idiots who could only win on their map....

The better way is what cZ did:  after we couldnt finish the clanwar on that 1 day, we replayed all maps the next day. Thats a fair way to keep a fair score, dont u think? What is pissing me off is that they (TU and CBK) put the win in their Win-Loss scrores, although its not earned properly.

Please tell me if u agree with me (and tell stuff i forgot in the list above).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 07:04:35 AM by LAN@wasted »

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 10:25:56 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:02:39 PM by IronFist »

Termin8oR

• Autococker
Re: A question considering clanwars
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 11:50:05 AM »
IronFist is right

But if a match is not finished an the other clan leaves before the end you should schedule a re-match or schedule a do-over... Just makes paintball more exiting and then everyone can enjoy it

-Termin8oR

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: A question considering clanwars
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 01:05:59 PM »
General rules for a match are:

Best of 3 maps (if a clan wins the first two, the 3rd is unnecessary).  Each clan chooses a map and comes to an agreement on the 3rd.
On clan1's map, clan2 has first choice of team color.
On clan2's map, clan1 has first choice of team color.
On tiebreaker map, usually the team colors stay the same as on the previously-played map (or the closest color to them).

I should put together a page outlining all the details of matches...

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
Re: A question considering clanwar
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 01:28:28 PM »
General rules for a match are:

Best of 3 maps (if a clan wins the first two, the 3rd is unnecessary).  Each clan chooses a map and comes to an agreement on the 3rd.
On clan1's map, clan2 has first choice of team color.
On clan2's map, clan1 has first choice of team color.
On tiebreaker map, usually the team colors stay the same as on the previously-played map (or the closest color to them).

I should put together a page outlining all the details of matches...

A couple more standard matching conventions:

- In addition to having color choice on your opponents map, each team is allowed one "map restart" per map. (This is done AFTER the colors are decided; ie, you can't switch color choices after you've had your restart)

- If one or more maps ends up tied (it happens), you simply agree upon more tie map(s) to compentate. The first team to _WIN_ two maps is the winner of the match. (Although, with the new "overtime" or whatever, this obviously wouldn't be the case)

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 01:24:49 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:21:13 AM by Dirty_Taco »