Author Topic: School Shooting  (Read 4331 times)

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: School Shooting
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 11:19:39 AM »
What is? I'm pretty sure neither documentaries or movies are government-funded or supported, if that's what you're talking about.

I disagree. There was a reporter on one of my flights today that was going to the school for documentary work. She was in line behind me getting reservations for another connection due to delays.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 02:19:53 PM »
1. Jack Thompson - might turn this into a "he was corrupt from such and such" deal with the shooter (such1 - violent video games, such2 - Marilyn Manson and Linkin Park)
2. Michael Moore - might make a sequel to Bowling for Columbine
3. Kids will still bring loaded guns to schools whether they're allowed to or not, I think Spook remembers last year a kid's gun fell out of his car and shot another car in our school's parking lot and they made a big deal of it for a day, brought up Columbine, but then nothing changed.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 02:35:53 PM »
I think Spook remembers last year a kid's gun fell out of his car and shot another car in our school's parking lot and they made a big deal of it for a day, brought up Columbine, but then nothing changed.

that was hilarious, bullet right through the windshield.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »
Jack Thompson is on his way to getting disbarred and probably have charges filed against him in federal court.

Michael Moore will probably make a film of it

Al Goore will probably spin this in to a global warming issue...

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 03:23:35 PM »
Thats what I'm talknig about, some kid drops a gun out of his car, that actually fires and hits another car, and its forgotten the next day. That can't be a good state of affairs.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 03:29:09 PM »
that was hilarious, bullet right through the windshield.
Yeah, and the bullet was found in the frame of the wind shield, his car got pwnt. Which is why I don't go to basketball games at our school, not only do we have a really bad "drug problem" compared to other schools, but silly kids bring guns everywhere.
At least the guns that you bring to LAN Parties have an orange cap on them, lol.

KnacK:
1. Nothing can stop Jack Thompson, he has a pint of blood from Chuck Norris.
2. Yeah, hopefully this time he will interview George Bush as a bad role model since Marilyn Manson suggested it in Bowling for Columbine.
3. Al Gore just wants to sell light bulbs right now, he used to care...he wants a little change a little too late. If he really cared about the Earth he'd be joining hands with all the anarcho-primitives.

postmortem

• Stingray
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 03:43:16 PM »
about the american comment. is that a comment about the american people? because the shooter was  south korean.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 03:43:45 PM »
What's really funny about tree hugger Gore is that his mansion uses enough electricity to power 40+ homes....

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 04:08:31 PM »
It was a comment about America. In my view Guns shoudln't be so readily available.

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 04:40:20 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/na/chi-070416vtech-shootings,0,4048621.story?coll=chi-newsbreaking-hed

see, school policy is straight bullexcrement

Students complained that the university did not warn them about the first deadly burst of gunfire until hours later.

Police said they were still investigating the shooting at the dorm when they got word of gunfire at the classroom building.

Some students bitterly questioned why the gunman was able to strike a second time, two hours after the bloodshed began.

them r some blips out of the article.... lame ass school SUE THE intercourse OUT OF THEM PEOPLE!!!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 05:19:41 PM »
What is? I'm pretty sure neither documentaries or movies are government-funded or supported, if that's what you're talking about.

I disagree. There was a reporter on one of my flights today that was going to the school for documentary work. She was in line behind me getting reservations for another connection due to delays.

I'm confused, how does that connect them to some governmental body?

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 05:20:17 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:20:34 AM by P!nk »

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 05:32:12 PM »
I saw that already, but he just said what they're looking for, and what he wants them to find. Once Jack hears that he was playing Wii Boxing and listening to rock music earlier that day, he'll do his role playing and make a huge speech.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 06:20:31 PM »
I'm confused, how does that connect them to some governmental body?

Sorry. I was tired when I wrote that. I only saw the "neither documentaries" part. :P

^$hooter^

• Stingray
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 10:53:04 PM »
The guy got the gun completely legal. His background was completely clean, not one scratch with the law other than 2 speeding tickets. When he was buying the gun, he didn't even act nervous. The seller has denied gun sells before, when he saw red flags. With this guy he just snapped, and lost it. I don't see why we try to blame guns, its pointless especially in this situation. I could see if the guy had a record of felonies, and still got the gun legally, saying why did he have a gun. In this situation its just tragic. Even if we would do psychological testing for guns in some form, this guy was a senior at Virginia Tech, I'm sure he could've faked his way through the tests. It's just a tragedy, and hopefully we want see it happen again. Though inevitably we will as history repeats itself.
"If you can blame guns for killing people, Then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil" - Larry The Cable Guy

The thing is this guy had it in his head to kill relentlessly, he was going to do it, whether he had a gun or not. Just think what a couple of box cutters did on 9/11. (I say it in that manner, using the logic of most anti-gun advocates)